Pacecar screw up

Here is the video.

The information isn't available yet... but it appears that the safety car failed to leave the track... when the lights went green, everyone started to race - but at the front, the P1 cars saw that the safety car was still on track (and catching it very very very quickly), and slowed down. Drivers in GT though... couldn't check up in time and boom... big crash.

I think the screw up was more the guy at the lights than the pace car.... they saw he was still on track and should not have given the green.... IMO.

Having driven the pace car for regional races for a good number of years, I can asure you that it may not look fast on TV, but man, do you ever haul a$$ when you have a field of race cars up yours...

I don't think he was scheduled to come in. The flaggers were still waving yellow flags and the lights were still flashing on the safety car. It was probably the start light operator who screwed up.

dont think its the pace car fault either... the back pace car still hase his lights on and not engaging pits... and like previoustly said before i raining yellow flags everywhere even green is on

The back "pace car" is know as the chase car or medical car. It follows the group after the green has been given and comes in the lap after. It usually just has time to make 1 lap before the race cars catch up to it.

The back "pace car" is know as the chase car or medical car. It follows the group after the green has been given and comes in the lap after. It usually just has time to make 1 lap before the race cars catch up to it.

ah thanks for the info !

So as it turns out... there was two cars that spun on the pace lap, and they we're suppose to do 1 more pace lap. The pace car did its job and stayed out - it was the light operator who messed up.

So as it turns out... there was two cars that spun on the pace lap, and they we're suppose to do 1 more pace lap. The pace car did its job and stayed out - it was the light operator who messed up.

I'd hate to have to pay the light operator's bill! :)

By the way Kev, the impact driver works great!!!

Still, I wonder why the pace car's lights were not lit. They should have been flashing. Or is it the video quality on this PC that does not allow me to see right... :dunno:

Back