48÷2(9+3) = ?? 500 of 1000 educated people got this answer wrong worldwide.

288 or 2?

Votes: 72 45.6%

Votes: 86 54.4%

• Total voters
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
const int chiffre1=48;
const int chiffre2=2;
const int chiffre3=9;
const int chiffre4=3;

int total;

total=chiffre1/chiffre2*(chiffre3+chiffre4);

cout<<chiffre1<<" / "<<chiffre2<<" * "<<"( "<<chiffre3<<" + "<<chiffre4<<" ) = "<<total<<endl;

return 0;

}

tin crissez ca dans visual studio et ensuite ctrl+F7 et ensuite F5.

ca donne 288.

êtes-vous entrain de dire que l'ordinateur fait une erreur?

60 / 3 (7+3) = 2 or 200???..........this can then be done with any equation...maybe there is no answer due to the fact of how the equation is set up? ...i mean ive never seen this problem come up in school so maybe it just cant be layed out that way

60 / 3 (7+3) = 2 or 200???..........this can then be done with any equation...maybe there is no answer due to the fact of how the equation is set up? ...i mean ive never seen this problem come up in school so maybe it just cant be layed out that way

it's 200. To what shitty school have you been if you've never seen this? FFS this is secondaire 1 math!

^^ like I said before, my COMPUTER says it's 200. Computers don't do errors like these, if they did, can you imagine what would happen with important shit such as banking?

Indeed, it can be done with any equations. Like I said before, you probobly would never see this because you would have to be an idiot to write an equation like this to begin with but that doesn't mean that the equation is not valid. We can still solve it. We have rules to guide us through the process however, it is clear that amongst people on the forum, there seems to be a disarrangement about the existence and application of said rules.

well then explain why an old and new calculator give two different answers,,,,,a hand held calcualtor and the one on ur computer should be no different no?

Indeed, it can be done with any equations. Like I said before, you probobly would never see this because you would have to be an idiot to write an equation like this to begin with but that doesn't mean that the equation is not valid. We can still solve it. We have rules to guide us through the process however, it is clear that amongst people on the forum, there seems to be a disarrangement about the existence and application of said rules.

I agree with you, i dont think an equation formated like this will come up. but i would still like the get a right answer for a mathematician

^^ like I said before, my COMPUTER says it's 200. Computers don't do errors like these, if they did, can you imagine what would happen with important shit such as banking?

go ask ur computer if the glass if half empty or half full....then come back to me

well then explain why an old and new calculator give two different answers,,,,,a hand held calcualtor and the one on ur computer should be no different no?

the old calculator is old. The updated one has been UPDATED.

that's what i was thinking. it's just a sketch way to write it to begin with. made to deceive. math was never my best subject, but i never had trouble following the equation rules for algetits, and it can't be 2.

All calculators should give the same answer but differences in programming may cause errors. The equation in question is not exactly clear, the calculator expects you to input clear equations.

Take a look here...This is one of the most powerful mathematical programs on the market today.
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=48%2F2%289%2B3%29

I personally use Wolfram Mathematica 8 all the time for Finance.

Try the following equation in wolframalpha you will see you always get the same answer:
48/2*(3+9)=288
48/2*(12)=288
48/2*12=288

the old calculator is old. The updated one has been UPDATED.

how can calculations be updated? ....a value of a number doesnt change, nor does the function of multiplication or division or addition or subtraction.....so updates dont mean fuck all

how can calculations be updated? ....a value of a number doesnt change, nor does the function of multiplication or division or addition or subtraction.....so updates dont mean fuck all

updates mean bugs are corrected

how about you try it in excel?

Back