The Euro trip (V. 2.011)

zokez

***The blog is up! You can see all pics and updates at vadovai.com***

Hey,

So here it goes, I'm booked for yet another epic trip to Europe. I've already lived 6 months in Italy on the basis of a student exchange (2009), but this summer I'll be going 2 months strictly for pleasure. I have a preliminary itinerary made, and would like some input from any of the members who have already been to/near the following destinations:

1) (Mid May)/ First of all, I'm going to start if off with my family: 3 days in London + 5 days in Paris. I've already been to both cities, but I would still gladly appreciate any recommendations especially for restaurants/shows.

2) (End of May/Early June)/Then, this is where the debaucheries begin... I'll be meeting up with a friend in Madrid, and from there we'll spend the next 2 weeks traveling the following route:
(FYI: Malaga>Ibiza / Ibiza>Barcelona by plane)

euro2011spain.jpg

Please advise if there's any towns/cities that I should consider visiting along the way... Or any "can't miss" things to do in any of the places listed on the map.
Also, in Ibiza/Monday the 6th, Tiesto and Sweedish House Mafia will be dj'ing at separate venues... which one would you choose?

3) (Mid June) And so the mess continues, I will then meet up with another friend who currently lives in Zurich... We'll enjoy a weekend in Amsterdam and perhaps Rotterdam + we're gona rent a car and drive along the coast of the North sea. Finally, after a weeks worth of drinks and beaches, we'll start the following weekend off with a pubcrawl/tour of Berlin, and end it with a DTM Race at the Eurospeedway of Lausitzalle. (See map below)

euro2011benelux.jpg

Fell free to add any suggestions!

4) (End of June) The rest is pretty much up in the air but I might probably make it to Sardinia + Rome somehow and be back at the end of June/first week of July max.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Valencia is really nice and I think you can fly or boat from Valencia to Ibiza then to Barcelona.
For 1 week, if you want to party for cheap I would go to Prague and/or Budapest and if those are too far, Hamburg and Berlin are awesome too.

I have a map of Europe open, am connecting cities that would be cool to visit and can never get a nice pattern going damn it.
But yea, my friend just got back from Budapest and had a crazy time.

Croatia, Slovenia (Maribor: lots of students)

lots of people from MR going to Europe this summer. I'm going for 3 months. MR meet? :p

In Portugal, go to Sintra. It's about 40 min drive from Lisbon. Once there, go visit Quinta da Regaleira. It is absolutely breath taking and is today a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Here is my Eurotrip from last summer. It lasted 3 months. I had to draw part of the line manually as googlemaps would not allow me to add more destinations. This year I'm thinking of doing something similar in Asia.

i1538113_trip.jpg

Last edited:
nice, I'm backpacking in May for a month hitting up Lyon, Torino, Roma, Madrid and Paris should be a savage time, might see you along the way hah

/\ Good stuff! I've actually lived in Torino for 6 months. If you want I could get you in contact with a friend of mine who lives there...
Also, I strongly recommend you check out Cinque Terre from there (About a 2-3 hour train ride away).

In Portugal, go to Sintra. It's about 40 min drive from Lisbon. Once there, go visit Quinta da Regaleira. It is absolutely breath taking and is today a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely put it on my list!

As for the other recommendations, I've already visited the main cities in the east (Berlin/Vienna/Prague/Budapest).
However, Mr. Boxcar and I have made our decision and will be traveling the following route:
(Explores the Benelux/North Sea area + ends with a DTM race in Lausitzalle)

euro2011benelux.jpg

Feel free to add any suggestions still *tu*

Valencia is really nice and I think you can fly or boat from Valencia to Ibiza then to Barcelona.
For 1 week, if you want to party for cheap I would go to Prague and/or Budapest and if those are too far, Hamburg and Berlin are awesome too.

Hamburg on the list now! Thanks! I Googled it and its supposed to be a student town... we all know what that means :D

That sort of guided the itinerary and we'll end it with these badboys:

dtm10092901.jpg

you two bastards have a good time
i'd recommend mykonos, but it seems a little redundant considering you'll already be hitting ibiza

I spent a week in Ibiza, way too long. I went at the end of July and it was still quiet, it really gets going in August(from what i hear)
Fly to ibiza from Valencia, the boat takes forever and it's more expensive.

In Rome and Paris, be sure to talk to young (your age) locals, ask them where they go to eat. The food will be less expensive and so much better.
Check out the Catacombs, I didn't and I regret it.

/\ Looks like a pretty nice itinerary as well!

Thanks Leo, I'll make sure to visit Greece another time though *tu*

/\ Good stuff! I've actually lived in Torino for 6 months. If you want I could get you in contact with a friend of mine who lives there...
Also, I strongly recommend you check out Cinque Terre from there (About a 2-3 hour train ride away).

dude that would be awesome, have someone to show me around the city *tu*

Back