Looking for a car that is...

Dark Blitz

Hey, so I haven't been around much these days but I figured where else to ask a car related question but here.

I'm looking for a fuel efficient car. Something in the 5K range good for a few years with an average consumption of 8L/100km since I do a bit of mileage.

I've listed all the cars I can think of.. I thought hey, maybe I forgot some and people on here can help me out!

- MK4 TDis (not a fan of the mk3...)
- Geo Metros
- Honda Insight

Any other ideas? Doesn't quite have to be in the budget, I'm mostly looking for something really fuel efficient and somewhat comfortable (Geo aside)

j'ai une corolla 2001 manuel 1.8, et en moyenne je fait 7.5-8L/100km en 60% ville et 30% route. avec un echo/yaris, tu pourrais faire 7l/100km en moyenne très facilement. les golf/jetta TDI consomme très peu, mais le diesel coute 10cent de plus le litre à la pompe ( ici du moins ) et c'est pas aussi fiable que la plupart des japonaises. une geo 3 cylindres une insight et une tdi, tu devrais pas faire plus que 6L/100km en moyenne, si ils sont en shape.

TDI only if you make highway, I don't think it's really adapted for city driving. Geo metro if you drive mostly in town, same for the insight but it's more expensive and hard to find.

But what is your mileage? Something like a 2001-2005 civic or corolla (98+) could be fine too, more practical and comfy than a geo, and cheaper and more reliable than a golf.
Your old geo is finished?

TDI only if you make highway, I don't think it's really adapted for city driving. Geo metro if you drive mostly in town, same for the insight but it's more expensive and hard to find.

But what is your mileage? Something like a 2001-2005 civic or corolla (98+) could be fine too, more practical and comfy than a geo, and cheaper and more reliable than a golf.

corolla 1998-2002 à éviter, en moins que le moteur a été refait. les cylindres ovalisent et le moteur se met à consommer pas mal d'huile énormément de 1zz-fe sont affecté par ça. la mienne est ok mais le moteur a déjà été refait.

Corolla or Civic. Very little gas and you don't look like a total fag like if you were driving a Geo or an Insight.

Not that I disliked my Geo (especially that at the time I was always talking about how awesome it was on MR) but it sucks to feel that everyone around you have a nicer and faster car than you at some point. But the gas, insurance, buying price and repairs were ridicoulous, and since it's so cheap, you don't even think about wasting money on sport suspension or nice rims.

Your old geo is finished?

No, just looking for an early replacement. I kinda miss the comfort and luxury though. Especially the sunroof as summer rolls around.

So..
- '01-'05 Civics
- '02+ Corollas
- Toyota Yaris
- MK4 TDis
- Geo Metros
- Honda Insight trop cher pour ton budget

Anything else?

Something in the 5K range good for a few years with an average consumption of 8L/100km since I do a bit of mileage

mais je dit sa comme sa la ...tu regarde pour quelque chose qui va faire 8L/100km en moyenne....tu n'a pas besoins de insight ou de TDI pour sa lol ..n'importequel auto 4 cylindre de 2L ou moins va faire sa

what's your city/hwy ratio?

That Prius is not bad but i would get it deeply inspected at the dealership since it has such high milleage.

But if you do the normal 50/50 city/hwy, like people say, any 4cyl non fi compact will do it. Try to find a Civic Si so you have the sunroof and other little features, or an Acura 1.6 EL.

Ya pas des forums pour les hippies et matantes qui trip sur les statistiques de consommation de gaz ? Genre quel est le meilleur chars pour rouler à l'huile de patate frite et pouvoir faire 2000km sur une tank !?!?

tiens va là : http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/

Shit c'est plus un forum de racing ca !!

I love trolling :D

I'd never touch a pre-2003 Prius, but after 2003, they are amazingly good cars for city driving. Sure they are boring and ugly, but they are ultra reliable and seriously cheap on gas.

un Geo Metro a 5K$ ... plus dans les alentour de 500$ j'dirais :p

Une XFi clean aux USA doit se négocier au moins 3-4k

No, just looking for an early replacement. I kinda miss the comfort and luxury though. Especially the sunroof as summer rolls around.

Geo metro convertible then?

what's your city/hwy ratio?

That Prius is not bad but i would get it deeply inspected at the dealership since it has such high milleage.

But if you do the normal 50/50 city/hwy, like people say, any 4cyl non fi compact will do it. Try to find a Civic Si so you have the sunroof and other little features, or an Acura 1.6 EL.

A guy at work had a 1.6l el for delivery and he got around 11-12l/100km, so it's not that great. My d16y7 already gets me around 10l/100 (almost only city driving). With my geo I was at 8l/100 in the same conditions.

S0-Geneve-2010-Lexus-CT-200h-officielle-157313.jpg

Back