Impreza

looking great each time, the rims look good but sucks that UPS lost your center caps, must cost a pretty penny at the dealer, whats next to do on the list?

I bought new center caps, they are on the way. It cost me almost 90 bucks. Plus ups sent me a nice invoice for 150$ for an item that had a value of 400 on paper. Never shipping with them again.

I posted a few months ago about my gas pumping issue.

Basically I couldn't freely pump gas into my car without the pump shutting off every liter. It drove me crazy, so I started looking around for the cause. I finally realized my filler neck was rusted beyond belief. Subaru made them wayy to thin

I bought a new one and swapped it out, about 2 hours worth of playing around.

img3195hc.jpg

img3196k.jpg

img3197p.jpg

img3198s.jpg

And

img3202m.jpg

img3200by.jpg

Then I cleaned the interior

img3203jr.jpg

img3204e.jpg

img3206g.jpg

I didn't however realize that it didn't come with the filler tube shut off valve. I'm going to have to buy one from the dealer on Monday.

Wow man it looks really really clean! Nice job on the fixes and giving it the TLC it needed!

One personal recommendation for a small mod when you have the free time: OEM Version 6 grill. Its really a nice, cost effective little add-on you can pick up for a good price. Get a small spray can of dupli color mixed to paint it and off you go. I was really happy with the small but noticeable change it made to the front end and install is 10 seconds. Enjoy the car man!

A few months ago I saw a car with an anti-rust device, an electrical pulse that reduces oxidation. I was so stunned by how clean the Corolla was 2001.

I remembered I had bought one when I owned a Sentra and never put it on. So I went through my garage and decided to install it on my day off.

I thought I'd post up the procedure:

Step one Find a place in the hood to secure the device, then connect the positive (red wire) and the one of the grounds to the battery.

img3228i.jpg

Then pass two grounds from battery to trunk. One should go on the left side of the car and the other should be put in the trunk.

img3230ft.jpg

img3231c.jpg

Then make sure all lights are on.

img3229r.jpg

Done

-------
Also a shot with the center caps

img3226gw.jpg

Back