Unlimited fines for minors to improve road safety?

Marc123

Accident-main.jpg

Montreal, May 12, 2011 – Attending a Ford event as part of the ''Sur la route en toute sécurité'' tour, traffic safety expert Robert Poeti spoke with Auto123.com about various actions Quebec could take to make the roads safer.

Earlier this week, coroner Yvon Garneau recommended a curfew for drivers aged 16 to 24 following the tragic death of a young group of four in Drummondville last October. Needless to say this dramatic proposal created a stir across the province and in parts of Canada.

Poeti sure thought it was too extreme, arguing that only drivers aged 16 to 18 should be the focus. However, a major obstacle still stands in the way of the government and safety organizations – the law that limits fines for minors to $100.

More:
Article

These suggestions sound fine as long as they're only imposed on those who deserve for it to be imposed. I find it ridiculous to impose garbage like that on responsible young drivers, which believe it or not, do exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ouais mais si ils commencent a payer les vrais montants des tickets watchout le nombre de contestations, de gens 100% coupables, qui va se multiplier par 10 et couter une fortune en frais de cour a la province

ouais mais si ils commencent a payer les vrais montants des tickets watchout le nombre de contestations, de gens 100% coupables, qui va se multiplier par 10 et couter une fortune en frais de cour a la province

Ils contestent déjà tous parce qu'ils n'ont que 4 points et qu'ils perdraient leurs permis s'ils plaidaient coupables.

/rant

How about NO FINES or TICKETS until they fix the roads to actually make them safe? And what about timing the lights? They should make the cops do that with the city workers. Make them useful for once.

And what about reducing the RIDICULOUS amount of stops EVERYWHERE. Why not TEACH people to fking look both sides of the road?

And what about these GODDAMN priority turning lights on Sources/St-Jean, why not a FULL GREEN so I can turn WHEN the fuck I CAN/WANT?

And what about ALL these USELESS lights that should be replaced by STOP signs in some places. Stopping 30 cars in incoming trafic for ONE car to pass? WTF? And then you have the government taxing us 45% tax on GAS.

And then you have this faggot cop trying to catch non-robots skipping reds (even at 3:00 am) because they are tired of waiting like retards.

Décarie or 40E, 70 km/h with 3 lanes? WTF? Insanity.

So tired of destroying my car on potholes on the service roads and seeing homoCops doing radar to catch people doing 72 km/h+ on nonexistent roads?

Simply Pathetic. Fix this shit, then you can tax people. Until then, fuck you pigs. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem

/end rant

Reactions: MTV
/rant

how about no fines or tickets until they fix the roads to actually make them safe? And what about timing the lights? They should make the cops do that with the city workers. Make them useful for once.

And what about reducing the ridiculous amount of stops everywhere. Why not teach people to fking look both sides of the road?

And what about these goddamn priority turning lights on sources/st-jean, why not a full green so i can turn when the fuck i can/want?

And what about all these useless lights that should be replaced by stop signs in some places. Stopping 30 cars in incoming trafic for one car to pass? Wtf? And then you have the government taxing us 45% tax on gas.

And then you have this faggot cop trying to catch non-robots skipping reds (even at 3:00 am) because they are tired of waiting like retards.

Décarie or 40e, 70 km/h with 3 lanes? Wtf? Insanity.

So tired of destroying my car on potholes on the service roads and seeing homocops doing radar to catch people doing 72 km/h+ on nonexistent roads?

Simply pathetic. Fix this shit, then you can tax people. Until then, fuck you pigs. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem

/end rant

qtf

/rant

How about NO FINES or TICKETS until they fix the roads to actually make them safe? And what about timing the lights? They should make the cops do that with the city workers. Make them useful for once.

And what about reducing the RIDICULOUS amount of stops EVERYWHERE. Why not TEACH people to fking look both sides of the road?

And what about these GODDAMN priority turning lights on Sources/St-Jean, why not a FULL GREEN so I can turn WHEN the fuck I CAN/WANT?

And what about ALL these USELESS lights that should be replaced by STOP signs in some places. Stopping 30 cars in incoming trafic for ONE car to pass? WTF? And then you have the government taxing us 45% tax on GAS.

So tired of destroying my car on potholes on the service roads and seeing homoCops doing radar to catch people doing 72 km/h+ on nonexistent roads?

Simply Pathetic. Fix this shit, then you can tax people. Until then, fuck you pigs. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem

/end rant

Pretty much. I'm going to make a video of it but I don't understand how a place with cross streets and houses on the side of the road with one lane in each direction not divided could be a 90kph limit but the 4 lane 720...70???

We need a strong voice to get people to question this stupidity like we are.

/rant

/end rant

You read my mind.

I need to bounce outta here asap

Back