BMW files trademark for M2

Marc123

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/31/bmw-files-trademark-for-m2/

We already told you that BMW has decided to limit production of the 1 Series M, making it a one-year proposition. Now, we may know a bit more about this decision. The German automaker has reportedly filed trademarks on the terms "M2" and "BMW M2." Where is the 2 Series upon which these terms could apply? Rumor has it that the next-generation BMW 1 Series will grow up and become the 2 Series.

Of course, a BMW 2 Series is not a foregone conclusion, but it's always a wise idea to stay a step ahead. At the very least, BMW is making sure that the M2 name will be ready should it choose to go the 2 Series route.

Sick, I Love the 1M and knowing it was only available for 1 year made me sad :( Hopefully there`s a even better version under developement !

Read about this on Bimmerpost. I suspect BMW will bring out a proper modern day M1 and hopefully follow up with a M2, a low-cost entry level M series with a 4-cyl twin turbo and lighweight no frills car.

The 1M was clever, give M DNA to the 1 Series and provide BMW with the feedback needed to see if a sub M3 car will sell. Given the success and media appraisal for the 1M, looks like BMW played their cards right again.

i'll wait for the M2.5, since M1 was too small and M2 will be wayy to big for me

i think they should also develop an M2.75.. there will be many people that need the extra 1.089 interior cubic feet

Back