Wow cops seriously have nothing better to do

Low_Civic

Legacy Member
I know there are cops on this forum and not to mention this section of all places, but seriously, do you guys have nothin better to do??

Go catch real criminals...

My story...

I'm driving up Atwater to bring my wife an child to the hospital, mindin my own business, see an undercover cop ( even pointed him out to the wife) and next thing I see he's got his lights on and all. So of course thinking he's going afte someone I pull to the side to let him pass, and what to my surprise he's pulling me over...

"good day, bonjour," he tells me straight "station to vehicle mieux que sa" so I do pull over better and I then ask "did I do something wrong officer" (but in French)
And yes I did my windows in the front are tinted and it's against the law blah blah blah... 156$ later and he's explaining to me that it's illegal... Seriously ... Of all fukin thing... My tinted windows...

Worse part is I'm driving a stock Chrysler 300... Seriously WTF

Is there something I can do to fight this or something cause I'm not paying to remove the tints or put lighter ones... And I'm not paying this 156$ ticket that is absolutely ridiculous...

Thanks for your advice...

And sorry to the cops on this board but seriously there are ppl doin things way worse then having tinted windows...

I know there are cops on this forum and not to mention this section of all places, but seriously, do you guys have nothin better to do??

Go catch real criminals...

My story...

I'm driving up Atwater to bring my wife an child to the hospital, mindin my own business, see an undercover cop ( even pointed him out to the wife) and next thing I see he's got his lights on and all. So of course thinking he's going afte someone I pull to the side to let him pass, and what to my surprise he's pulling me over...

"good day, bonjour," he tells me straight "station to vehicle mieux que sa" so I do pull over better and I then ask "did I do something wrong officer" (but in French)
And yes I did my windows in the front are tinted and it's against the law blah blah blah... 156$ later and he's explaining to me that it's illegal... Seriously ... Of all fukin thing... My tinted windows...

Worse part is I'm driving a stock Chrysler 300... Seriously WTF

Is there something I can do to fight this or something cause I'm not paying to remove the tints or put lighter ones... And I'm not paying this 156$ ticket that is absolutely ridiculous...
Thanks for your advice...

And sorry to the cops on this board but seriously there are ppl doin things way worse then having tinted windows...

tu va faire quoi allors ..atendre davoir un avis de culpabilité et des frais supplementaire...

Paie et soit content de ne pas avoir eu d'inspection photometrique en plus , car la tu aurais eu a payer les 2

Buying a car off a dealer doesnt make everything on it legal.

A dealer could limo tint all your windows if they wanted, but that does not make the tint legal.

There is a % of light that has to go thu in order to be legal.

Less light than the % = illegal
Same amount or more = legal

Sucks but thats how it is. There is a law about it and it applies to everyone.

In you car, your rear brake light is beyind the rear window. So if you teint your entire backglass, they might even give you a ticket for "Matière assombrissante" in front of that 3rd brake light.
You can always contest the ticket, but you'll lose your time.
One of my friends lost in court because his window let only 69% of the light passing through, while the limit is 70%. Losing in court for 1% ! Imagine.
And if you don't pay, the fees will go up quickly.

Well I know the laws, and yes I know it's illegal blah blah blah.. I also understand that yes it's the law and it applies to everyone.. But seriously to get a ticket for something so stupid... I mean seriously nothing better to do??

Anyhow I know it will cost 100$ more for court fees, and time wasted and all..how ever even If I get it inspected the cops will only say "wel who says you dent change it after the inspection... So all I can say is cops waste time on the useless things when they be out there gettig rid of all those shit cars that are not only full of rust but falling apar an a danger to our roads.. But not tint windows are more important

certaines personnes exagerent sur les tints, je sais pas ton % de lumiere est de combien mais j'en vois beaucoup qui tint leurs fenetres avant avec seulement 10-20% de lumiere, ce qui est terriblement dangereux
alors oui, je crois que cette chasse aux tints peut etre necessaire

Just pay to remove the tint, you're not allowed to tint the front windows at all. You'll end up spending more than what the ticket + removal of tint will cost if you leave it on and take it to court

Just pay to remove the tint, you're not allowed to tint the front windows at all. You'll end up spending more than what the ticket + removal of tint will cost if you leave it on and take it to court

Actually you are allowed to tint your front windows but 70% of light mist be able to pass through...

I'm just fed up o useless cops, ok I understand if it's so dark take you can't see anything, but it's at 60%... Gve me a warning or something... Like with my civic the number of times I got pulled over for my exhaust yet it was completely legal (even with the stupid test of sticking in the stick.. Last cop that dd it was surprised
It didn't pass through then when I asked to show me on his police cruiser guess what.... Yup you guessed it, right through...

Anyhow point is im venting and I want cops to read this and do something out in the world instead of running after ppl or tinted windows... Unless it's the chrome or so dark that you can't see in or out...

Well I don't know about your ticket, I got a ticket a few years back....The police officer told me I had to get it inspected 24hrs after my tint removal. I removed the tints but didn't get it inspected, 8 months later I got charged $500 just because I didn't get it inspected..

Life is unfair bro lol

I got the same ticket on my barely legal tint, my father was driving my car and there was a hell of a rainstorm outside, not only the policeman was surprised that it was such a old man driving it, but he really had nothing more useful to do than pulling someone over with the heavy rain for tinted windows!!!! Freaking useless cops

And like you i didnt want to pay that much for such a useless ticket, but 3 months later i got a court notice with 200$ of fee to pay! God i hate the cops sometimes!!!!!

Actually you are allowed to tint your front windows but 70% of light mist be able to pass through...

I'm just fed up o useless cops, ok I understand if it's so dark take you can't see anything, but it's at 60%... Gve me a warning or something... Like with my civic the number of times I got pulled over for my exhaust yet it was completely legal (even with the stupid test of sticking in the stick.. Last cop that dd it was surprised
It didn't pass through then when I asked to show me on his police cruiser guess what.... Yup you guessed it, right through...

Anyhow point is im venting and I want cops to read this and do something out in the world instead of running after ppl or tinted windows... Unless it's the chrome or so dark that you can't see in or out...

ben la c'est normal que la broche se rende loin sur un Crown Victoria... le muffler est genre 1 metre avant le boutte de la pipe

C'est surement de la faute à ton voisin si ta des vitres tintées illégales

Hey dumb ass do you see me blaming anyone else?? No

And I never put the tints on I bought the car like that, and I'm not even complaining about that, I'm sampling saying other then dealing with real issues they are pulling over random ppl or window tints, if you have nothing decent to say or anything remotely close to a decent conversation I suggest you go take your random bullshit else where. Thank you

Back