News: BMW M5 Unofficially Crowned World's Fastest Sedan With 7:55 Nurburgring Lap Time

VWSpeed

The super saloon is back...

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544860

attachment.php

Update:

2012+BMW+M5+53.jpg

With a BMW factory driver behind the wheel of BMW's new M5, the luxury sedan has reportedly turned in a lap time of 7:55 around the famed Nurburgring. This makes it the world's fastest sedan, ahead of Porsche's Panamera Turbo (7:56) and Cadillac's CTS-V (7:59), and puts it on par of other supercars such as Ferrari's F430 and is even one second quicker than Porsche's 996 Turbo.

Powered by a 4.4L V8 twin turbo engine, this accomplishment proves BMW's M-models have hardly skipped a beat against the competition. It will be interesting to see how BMW's competitors respond with their next-generation sedans, but it clearly proves that the Germany automaker's devotion to twin turbo powerplants is paying off.

A word of caution; the time is in no way an official BMW number and we can't verify the validity of the source (FastestLaps.com). It's almost not necessary, however, with the new M5 almost certain to run a solid sub-eight minute lap around the Ring.
Read the whole story at AutoGuide.com

http://www.caradisiac.com/Ring-Folies-non-officielles-la-BMW-M5-F10-en-7-55-70098.htm

De la même manière que la rumeur annonce un chrono de 7'18'' pour la nouvelle Porsche 911 GT2 RS, nous apprenons ces derniers jours que la BMW M5 F10 qui a déjà fait son apparition sur les bords de piste de l'Eifel en tant que Ring Taxi aurait claqué un temps en 7'55''.
attachment.php

I don't get it. Why would anyone buy this type of car with a manual tranny? It's a big ass luxury sedan! Not a coupe!

I don't understand why people are going nuts over this. BMW announced that they wont be dropping real manuals anytime soon in any of their M cars.

you do know that most high end sports cars come with automatic transmissions that are much more performant than manual?

And you can drive faster in video games than you can in real life, so why speed while you drive?

It's about the feeling, actually being involved in it, not just sitting there and observing as a machine drives for you, not the other way around.

And you can drive faster in video games than you can in real life, so why speed while you drive?

It's about the feeling, actually being involved in it, not just sitting there and observing as a machine drives for you, not the other way around.

i'm just saying, if you want to feel the car and be involved in driving it, buy an M3, not an M5...

I don't get it. Why would anyone buy this type of car with a manual tranny? It's a big ass luxury sedan! Not a coupe!

Not sure if srs. If srs you shouldnt post on MR.

Nicest M5 ever imo, thank the lord its available with a real tranny. GJ BIMMER.

Can you JB the 4.8 TT yet? I didn't see anything out... There is definitely potential!

I would rather DCT than manual for a big car like that. The majority of people who use that car will make it their daily driver/beater, they don't want manual.

The man speak the truth.

Can you JB the 4.8 TT yet? I didn't see anything out... There is definitely potential!

I would rather DCT than manual for a big car like that. The majority of people who use that car will make it their daily driver/beater, they don't want manual.

what i'm trying to say. If you ask MR, most of us would want it manual, because that's MR. But the reality is maybe 1% of users could afford this car. The people who buy this car mostly have grey hair and don't work anymore.

la transmission automatique comme vous dites n en est pas une.ce sont des transmission a double embrayage qui sont plus performante que les manuelles .il y a une clutch pis une flywheel (smg sequential manual gearbox dct dual clutch tansmission), une transmission automatique marche par pression d huile . j étais comme vous avant d en essayer une , un vendu manuelle . mais croyer moi c le feeling d une manuelle mais encore plus rapide ,c brutal. si vous n avez jamais essayer, vous pouvez pas vous prononcer. c ca l avenir.

J'ai essayer :
une M3 SMG et manuelle
une GTI DSG et Manuelle..

Quand même bien que la double clutch soit plus rapide et plus performante.... Nevermind! J'ai beaucoup plus de plaisir avec une Manuelle. Il y a rien qui bât le feeling d'avoir le ''controle sur ta bête'' de la troisième pédales et du bras de vitesse.

Que se soit 0.4 secondes plus lent... je m'en fou!
Ce que je recherche sur un véhicule c'est le plaisir avant tout et je n'ai pas le même niveau de fun avec une Double clutch même si j'aime très bien cette technologie

My 2 cent.

what i'm trying to say. If you ask MR, most of us would want it manual, because that's MR. But the reality is maybe 1% of users could afford this car. The people who buy this car mostly have grey hair and don't work anymore.

In all the performance saloons out there, your statement might be correct, but the M5 often attracts a bit of a different breed, the previous gen with the V10 also had a manual version available after the first year of production, they are somewhat popular in this particular beast.

bin décu... BMW avait la chance de sortir de quoi d'impressionnant...

mais on dirait bin que d'année en année ils baissent énorméments.

Last edited:
Back