Non-Stop racism on MR has GOT to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vw_guy87

Legacy Member
I would not normally do this, knowing in advance that many will oppose this or see this as a form of provocation, but as a long term Montrealracing.com user, I always thought that the Off Topic forum was a "chill place" where we could talk/exchange on various topics and make something constructive or funny out of what we see or hear.

With time, the Off Topic section has been getting worst and worst. There are a few factors that weigh in here, but mostly, I am here to denounce the very racist tone that users have been using towards Jews, Muslims and Blacks.

At some given point your "expression" is becoming blatant racism and the promotion of it.

Having hoped that this issue would be filtered by moderators, I kept thinking "It will get better", but on the contrary, it has been getting worst.

Yes there are scums who live on fueling racist remarks in order to get attention, but what I also see lacking, and part of that is my fault, is the fact that there have only been a handful of members stepping up and trying to put a stop on the very slippery slope that is called "Freedom of expression".

After reading the latest and worst post I ever saw on MR(about a woman beeing sexually molested in a "Halte-Routiere") I think that it's a serious wake up call for all of those who simply ignored the racist rants (either it be towards Jews, Muslims , Blacks, .... )and to put a stop to it.

The Off Topic section should not be considered as a free for all and promoting the agenda of the likes of Aryan nation.

I know that this will get a lot of responses, but I ask that you bring up CONSTRUCTIVE THOUGHTS(Not to say arguments).

y'a pas mal de commentaire qui m'font lever les yeux au ciel.. j'suis pas nécéssairement outré au max

MAIS

y pourrait ne plus en avoir pi j'en serais pas déçu

y'a pas mal de commentaire qui m'font lever les yeux au ciel.. j'suis pas nécéssairement outré au max

MAIS

y pourrait ne plus en avoir pi j'en serais pas déçu

Justement, c'est aux moderateurs a faire leur jobs et a etablir une regle qui defavorise les commentaires de la sorte.

I am not taking this too seriously, but I think that others are taking their hate/racist comments too lightly.

Et toi tu discrimine les Canadiens Français en n'écrivant pas de version française de ton post.

Absolument. Voici la version simplifié "Quebecoise".

Cessez d'ecrire des commentaire racistes envers les gens de minoritees visibles et les gens de religions. Aussi simple que ca.

Je suis mulattre et fier d'etre un Quebecois ET Canadien en meme temps, mais a chaque fois que je viens dans cette section, je me pose de serieuses questions sur les "Quebecois". J'ai pourtant voyager HORS de Montreal et je ne me suis jamais senti en "danger" mais plus ca va, plus je lis des commentaires qui m'inquietes.. honnetement.

This has been going on for years. I used to flag a lot of posts but Ive given up. Theres one thing to joke about it but a lot of people are serious.

This has been going on for years. I used to flag a lot of posts but Ive given up. Theres one thing to joke about it but a lot of people are serious.

Toze,

I've also been noticing that the people seem serious. Now there are a lot of E thugs, but when it comes to "those people"(referring to visible minorities and the sort), I feel that there is a genuine hate towards them.

I hope that I am very wrong.

A lot of things "fly" on MR that aren't tolerated on many other message boards I frequent. On forums like sherdog/hfboards you so much as insult a fighter/player and you can end up with a permanent ban. On MR you have french insulting english, english insulting french, whites calling blacks monkeys, judging all arabs based on things radical muslims do, praising hitler and judging all jews.

mass generalizations all over the place.

these are permanent bannable offences almost everywhere, yet here it's just an infraction IF that. Infractions are bullshit.

My $0.02

A lot of things "fly" on MR that aren't tolerated on many other message boards I frequent. On forums like sherdog/hfboards you so much as insult a fighter/player and you can end up with a permanent ban. On MR you have french insulting english, english insulting french, whites calling blacks monkeys, judging all arabs based on things radical muslims do, praising hitler and judging all jews.

mass generalizations all over the place.

these are permanent bannable offences almost everywhere, yet here it's just an infraction IF that. Infractions are bullshit.

My $0.02
Villain514,
Very well said. People who post here have to realize that if they would say this stuff in public HERE in Quebec, they could have some legal issues. Seriously. It's not just an opinion when you start saying that Blacks are Monkeys are that All jews should be killed and that Hitler did not finish the job..

I would be in favor of a similar system in order to prevent people from spreading hate messages.

Toze,

I've also been noticing that the people seem serious. Now there are a lot of E thugs, but when it comes to "those people"(referring to visible minorities and the sort), I feel that there is a genuine hate towards them.

I hope that I am very wrong.

128934444683333559.jpg

Racists gonna be racist. You think this is bad go down to the Southern States.

et le point de ce thread est ?

je suis pure laine dans la quarantaine
mon meilleur chum est haitien arrive ici dans son enfance dans la quarantaine
meme lui les 2 violeurs noirs il les traite de crisse de negres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back