New Montreal Metro cars..

hhh0505

Legacy Member

You think it will be on time for 2014? They look sick,been in similar ones in India.. But still no A/c.

Mpm10.jpg

Bombardier-Alstom MPM-10 (2014)
Main article: MPM-10

In May 2006, the Quebec Government announced the negotiation of a $1.2 billion contract to replace the MR-63 metro fleet of 336 cars. Alstom voiced its dismay over directly awarding the contract (to Bombardier) without a bidding process. Negotiations between the STM and Bombardier were to be ongoing until 2007. The negotiations focused on the project's cost controls, terms of contract, train specifications and warranty. If negotiations had failed, the Quebec government and the STM would have reverted to a bidding process.

On January 10, 2008, Quebec Superior Court Judge Joel Silcoff rendered his decision regarding Alstom's filing of legal action against the Quebec government's ministry of transportation. The latter sought to by-pass the bidding process, citing that Bombardier was the only domestic candidate capable of fulfilling the eventual contract. Silcoff ruled in favour of Alstom, enabling the company to bid on the contract.
New metro trains built by Bombardier-Alstom are expected for early 2014.

As of February 6, 2008, the Government of Quebec decided to begin the bidding process, which would serve to save time, delaying delivery of the first trains by 9 to 12 months.

On October 5, 2010, the Quebec government officially gave the contract to Bombardier-Alstom, valued at $3 billion. The new cars are expected to start rolling by February 2014.[18][19]

The 468 new cars, arranged in 52 nine-car sets, will feature full-width walkways between the cars which can be occupied by passengers, resulting in higher train capacities.[20] They will also be equipped with an air-suspension system, larger windows and doors, and wheelchair spaces, although the vast majority of Metro stations are not wheelchair-accessible. They will also feature more natural lighting, high definition televisions, a new PA system and surveillance cameras.[21] News reports also suggest that the new rubber-tire trains will have to meet very demanding performance requirements: higher speeds (up to 80 km/h), powerful acceleration, high-speed gradeability, high-performance brakes, good ride comfort, low noise, low maintenance costs, low energy costs and high levels of reliability. Improving on the performance levels of the current fleet and developing new rolling-stock capable of using sheer speed as a means of increasing line capacity will represent a major challenge to Bombardier and Alstom.[22][23] It is the second type of subway train with open gangways in Canada, the first being the Toronto Rocket for the Toronto Transit Commission.

Est-ce qu'ils vont refaire la céramique et tout le tralala ? Parce que vraiment, on dirait un Metro du tier monde!

It seems the government is either completely oblivious to it's crumbling infrastructure or it just doesn't give a fuck... Either way - I hope no one gets hurt or killed from falling roads in the future =/

Est-ce qu'ils vont refaire la céramique et tout le tralala ? Parce que vraiment, on dirait un Metro du tier monde!

not that i dont agree but do they really need to spend even more money that we dont have ?

not that i dont agree but do they really need to spend even more money that we dont have ?

Bin voyons, y'ont juste à rajouter une taxe sur l'essence pis y vont l'avoir l'argent... S'il n'y en a pas encore assez, ba y'ont juste a augmentez les plaques...

*sarcasm*

LoL ...that price tag of $1.2 billion in the article is incorrect, it is more like $2.6 billion after they re did the quote from $3.2 billion after the Chinese and Spanish firms gave their quotes at around $1.6 billion ! ...and no they won't be ready by 2014, they will ask for more money again like always ! The STM is just retarded, it costs only $2 million more per year to have A/C, $2 million is peanuts that they will steal to line their greedy pockets every year !

J'veux pas défendre la ville... Mais pour les A/C
-Cout d'acquistion (unité de climatisation, systeme électrique)
-Cout de fonctionnement (électricité)
-Cout d'entretiens (gaz, piece, frigoriste)

its probably 10 years since i took the metro , but when i was in school i took it every day and i never really felt like it needed AC

its probably 10 years since i took the metro , but when i was in school i took it every day and i never really felt like it needed AC

Maybe you didn't have "simmer" school, it was 38deg+ in the Metro and 42Deg in some buses during this summer's hot spell !
God, even India has A/C in theirs ! ...get the point ?

LoL ...that price tag of $1.2 billion in the article is incorrect, it is more like $2.6 billion after they re did the quote from $3.2 billion after the Chinese and Spanish firms gave their quotes at around $1.6 billion ! ...and no they won't be ready by 2014, they will ask for more money again like always ! The STM is just retarded, it costs only $2 million more per year to have A/C, $2 million is peanuts that they will steal to line their greedy pockets every year !

Stole the words right from my mouth... Bombardier will ask for more money thats a 100% given

If you put AC on the trains then you just end up pumping heat into the tunnels, onto the platforms and the stations. The heat has to go somewhere. The only solution would be to AC the entire system, and that is not feasible.

NYC has AC'ed trains, the stations are saunas!

If you put AC on the trains then you just end up pumping heat into the tunnels, onto the platforms and the stations. The heat has to go somewhere. The only solution would be to AC the entire system, and that is not feasible.

NYC has AC'ed trains, the stations are saunas!

Good point , like said before buses do need A/C... people tend to travel longer distances in a bus than the metro.

Good point , like said before buses do need A/C... people tend to travel longer distances in a bus than the metro.

C’est certain que d’avoir des bus climatisés ça serait l’idéal. Mais à y réfléchir un instant c’est du gaspillage d’argent juste en coût d’opération. Les portes sont souvent ouvertes car le bus s’arrête pratiquement à tous les coins de rue. Donc ça prendrait tout un système pour réussir à maintenir une température acceptable pour sentir la différence. Donc plus souvent qu’autrement, le système serait en train de climatiser l’extérieur lol. Et il y aurait toujours quelques idiots ici et la qui laisseraient la fenêtre ouverte donc ça donnerait pas grand chose.

C’est pas comme un coach où tu ne peux pas ouvrir les fenêtres. Dans un bus, t’es jamais vraiment longtemps en dedans et il y a une circulation d’air qui diminue l’inconfort.

Back