Feature Article: Project Vehicle: Oil Change

No not at all, with that I will be able to see how well the oil is holding up to the conditions that the car is being driven through. With the amount of driving Jeremy does it will be good to see the data. I will also use it as R&D myself. I stand behind my products and test them to be sure they are doing there job.

Part of my goal here is to extend the drain interval and increase fuel mileage. By testing the oil and the filter, we will be able to see exactly how it is working, if another weight is needed and at which interval the car can go. It will also show any problems with the car, such as dirt entry, metal wear...etc and would be able to see problems before hand and correcting those issues prior to the need of a possibly expensive repair.

Testing oil is inexpensive and gets you a lot of information. Even if it's a stock engine. It doesn't have to be a performance car to know whats gong on inside. Cars are an investment and helping protect that is what I do.

I have all types of clients, from those who bring me in to their race team to be sure the cars engines are holding up all the way to soccer mom's who want to save money by extending their drain interval while still protecting the engine.

One of my customers has a 2006 Corolla, and she is at almost at 21,000 km oil changes, will the oil change and the sample, she spends maybe 150 bucks or so a year on oil changes and also saves money by not wasting time driving to get oil changed every 5k. She's extremely happy and that's similar at what I'm trying to do here.

What sort of oil testing are you doing? Running some homebrew UOA or are you using someone like Terry Dyson? Just curious.

Similar to DA I guess but not quite. I'm using a couple different companies, mainly Oil Analyzers Inc.

It will look like this one I took from my car..

main.php

Back