Dawson shooting victim wants stronger gun laws

Sandro_Bit

/facepalm. let's ban cars while we're at it.

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/dawson-shooting-victim-wants-stronger-gun-laws-104

Hayder Khadim, a victim of the Montreal's Dawson College shooting on Sept. 13, 2006, is pushing for stronger gun laws that ban military assault rifles for civilians.

Khadim was shot in the head and neck by gunman Kimveer Gill, whose shooting spree killed 18-year-old Anastasia De Sousa and wounded 19 others before he turned his gun on himself.

The weapon Gill used was a Beretta Storm CX4, a military assault rifle that Gill had a bought with his restricted firearms permit.

The Beretta can fire multiple shots without being manually reloaded and, like all restricted firearms, can only be legally fired in a shooting range.

According to the Canadian Firearms Program, 1,317 Canadians are registered owners of Beretta Storms, nearly double the number than in 2006.

Sales and registrations of the weapon even tripled in the month following the shooting at Dawson.

Khadim, who still has bullet fragments in his head and neck, cannot believe the rifle is still legal, five years after the shooting.

"It's a war weapon. I don't understand why it should be accessible to a normal civilian," Khadim told CBC News.

"I remember the sound that day. It literally sounded like a war zone."

The province of Quebec passed Anastasia's law in the wake of the shooting. It obliges anyone who wants a restricted firearms permit to take an additional course and candidates must be interrogated by the police before a permit is issued.

Quebec's law is cold comfort for Khadim, who says he will continue to fight until Canada completely bans military assault rifles.

Khadim often takes breaks from his engineering studies at Concordia University to tour schools and talk about youth violence and gun control.

He also channels his experience surviving the shooting into his rap music.

The following are lyrics from Khadim's song, Survive Today:

- "I don't know if I'm alive // I don't know if I am dead // I know I have to survive with some lead in my head."

- "Psycho with a rifle almost took my life away // But for my friends and family I will survive today."

Right, banning guns will make it impossible for criminals to get one, because we all know criminals buy their guns legally. LOL.
mega_facepalm.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I sympathize with this person's ordeal, but the actions he's trying to take will have little to no effect in reducing gun crime. They will only reduce people's liberty to practice a sport they like.

Lol, first of all you can buy a cx4 storm unrestricted with the longer barrel... And also, any other semi-auto rifle is as potentially dangerous to human than the cx4 storm.

So this cunt wants Canada to confiscate about 1 000 000 semi auto firearms from their owners juste because HE was a victim from one of them... That sounds almost logic to me. "Oh shit, i was hit by a car, ban them!!!"

^^^ Exactly. Fucking gun haters. I don't give a shit if it's a fully automatic or your grandfather's rifle, a gun is a gun and people are delusional to think otherwise. Doesn't matter the type of gun, as long as somebody has an evil intention, the person will still perpetrate the act. Now by their logic it's about saving every last person from guns so it's either you want to ban all guns or you don't want to ban any.

^^^ Exactly. Fucking gun haters. I don't give a shit if it's a fully automatic or your grandfather's rifle, a gun is a gun and people are delusional to think otherwise. Doesn't matter the type of gun, as long as somebody has an evil intention, the person will still perpetrate the act. Now by their logic it's about saving every last person from guns so it's either you want to ban all guns or you don't want to ban any.

Lol, what's mostly frustrating, is that we all know that IF one day they succed at making them ban the semi-autos, well as soon as there will be another killing, with pump action or bolt action this time, they'll try to ban them too. Oh, and then someone will manage to shoot a pellet gun in the eye of a little girl, and then they'll ban pellet guns.

Why not ban rocks while they're at it? They're very dangerous in slingshots!

There should be in public area big emergency red box with a glass and a hammer containing a shotgun and 12 rounds sayin':

"In case of emergency and/or zombie invasion.
Use at your own/others risk"

That should do it!

they should get rid of them all. No reason why we should live in a society carrying a gun. We're not wacko southerners.

"It's a war weapon. I don't understand why it should be accessible to a normal civilian," Khadim told CBC News.
LOL! Are you kidding me? It's a pistol-caliber carbine. What else is a war weapon, an aluminium baseball bat? Let's ban those!

It's a toy compared to an assault rifle, I'm not even talking about something that fires a full power rifle cartridge like a battle rifle or a GPMG.

You clearly have no idea ofwhat you are talking about. There is no right to carry in Canada.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a

Back