How old were you when you first moved out ?

Dorift_it

Did you buy or did you rent ? What area did you first move out to ? any tips ?

I signed for a condo in nouveau saint-laurent but delivery delay is making me think about it more then twice (delivery nov 2013). Where did you shop for appliances ? how much did it cost you overall to furnish ?

17 years old.

rent in 1997 in hochelaga maisoneuve, we were 3 in a 4 1/2 i stayed in the "salon" but it cost us nothing stay there.

tips? have alot of money 10k+ in your bank account and no dette.

21, rent, downtown. Move to a location where you actually want to live and make sure that you like the place that you're getting.

The apt came with all the appliances, I brought what I could from my parents' house, such as: bed, computer chair, and a couch. Bought the rest at Costco, Ikea, or Kijiji (used). It didn't cost much total, probably less than $400 for all of the following: desk, dinner table, chairs, bookshelf, drawer chest, lamps, etc.

If you have a lot of money, then you should probably spend a lot more since you're probably gonna live in your condo for a while.

22 in 2003, I rented a small furnished house in lachine for 500$/month. The owners were in europe for a few months, it turned out to be a great experience.

Was 18, always lived on the south-shore and moved in Charlemagne, what a shitty fucking place. Rent was too high and the neighboor was an asshole.

I was 21, moved downtown with a roommate and rented. Moved out on my own a year later. Fuck buying at that age, who has 10+ grand for a down payment to live in some new development far from everything and it's like a prison. When you're young you want freedom, not debt and responsibility! I furnished with all kinds of random shit my parents had lying around, didn't buy much at all. Best decision of my life, I love living alone.

was 18, moved in with a friend. cost me 200$ a month. Basically a party every single day, was fun at first but after a year I couldn't take it anymore so I moved back with my parents. moved in with my girlfriends a couple of times until those relationships self destructed, now in a condo waiting to buy a house.

24 in a 3 1/2

bought everything 1 year in advance all paid cash .. didn't want to pay x per month for appliance etc.
stayed there for 1 year and moved in a condo 4 1/2 since 2 years now.

no roomate. alone in both case.

19 Moved from MTL-->Ottawa
21 Moved back with parents in MTL
22 Moved back to Ottawa
24 Bought my own house in Ottawa

No roomates = best life

15 years old 1992
Carree st.louis :(
rent half of 500$ for a 6 1/2 (friends dad owned the building)
Found out friend was in the closet :yikes:
Got my own place a year later.

Moved in alone at 19 I think, wich is somewhere in May of 2001. I was such a weed smoking wreck I'm not sure I remember clearly at what age but it was for studying.

I moved from a shit hole an hour and a half away from QC City to live in Qc cty itself. I got everything used for around 500$. Futon, Fridge, Oven, everything used.

25 et j'ai acheté une maison. Pour répondre à ta question, j'avais shoppé chez Breault pomal et certaines auters places... me semble que 15,000$ avait presque tout couvert.

18 ans demenager dans un 3 1/2 a montreal . Rester la un ans .
Apres ca 2 ans et demi dans un appart 4 1/2 a ile bizard .
Retour chez les parents pour x .
Redemenager avec mon meilleur ami dans ca maison depuis 2 ans .

I was 21, moved downtown with a roommate and rented. Moved out on my own a year later. Fuck buying at that age, who has 10+ grand for a down payment to live in some new development far from everything and it's like a prison. When you're young you want freedom, not debt and responsibility! I furnished with all kinds of random shit my parents had lying around, didn't buy much at all. Best decision of my life, I love living alone.
this

No roomates = best life
and this

Back