How old were you when you first moved out ?

Moved out at 21 with my girlfriend, already had a good job.
Now 25, salary is even better, bought my first house last year.

J'aurais rester chez mes parent encore un peut si ma blonde n'aurais pas eu a partir de chez ses parent.

L'appart donne une bonne ''expérience de vie'' permet de voir dans quel millieu tu est bien urbain,banlieu,super urbain lol.
Mais c'est une foutu perte d'argent, 600-700$ par mois par les fenetre.

24 bought a condo 8 mins drive from work. down payment of 32k. had been saving for a few years as i didnt want to rent as i see it as throwing money out the window

L'appart donne une bonne ''expérience de vie'' permet de voir dans quel millieu tu est bien urbain,banlieu,super urbain lol.
Mais c'est une foutu perte d'argent, 600-700$ par mois par les fenetre.

Really?

http://lapresseaffaires.cyberpresse...unes-et-la-propriete-location-perpetuelle.php

En résumé -->
Avec ces hypothèses, le locataire aura investi 388 040$ en 30 ans. La valeur des placements a atteint 989 974$, pour un gain en capital de 601 934$. Mais il faut soustraire les dépenses de logement de 530 942$. Le gain net est de 70 992$, contre une perte de 75 444$ dans le cas de l'achat.

Pour rester sur le topic de l'OP, j'ai créé ce thread là pour en discuter: http://montrealracing.com/forums/sh...hat-d-une-propri%E9t%E9&p=8218674#post8218674

Please stay on topic!

20 McGill Residences.

You know for your appliances, you don't have to buy them new. I bought washer, dryer, fridge and stove for 1k. They were in really good shape and work like a charm. Check on Lespac there are tons of guys that sell used stuff.

moved from asia to canada when i was 15. went to boarding school (more like a juvenile prison). started staying with a roommate when i turned 18. bought my furniture in stages. parents supported me throughout university until i graduated. got used TVs, tables, chairs, etc from kijiji and craigslist. there are somethings i would never buy used though -- like a bed and some heavy appliances like washing machine and stove. just because these things are a bitch to move in and out so i want to reduce the possibility of it breaking down.

oh i bought my first house not too long ago. sharing it with my fiance... getting married next year ! i am 25 in case you are wondering.

19yo

bought a condo in Old-Montreal.

Put a huge cash down. This was years ago when real estate starting booming, when you can actually buy a reasonably priced condo with low interest rates.

Today I probably would've invested the money elsewhere and rented instead...

Je suis Tanguy.

I was 21, moved downtown with a roommate and rented. Moved out on my own a year later. Fuck buying at that age, who has 10+ grand for a down payment to live in some new development far from everything and it's like a prison. When you're young you want freedom, not debt and responsibility! I furnished with all kinds of random shit my parents had lying around, didn't buy much at all. Best decision of my life, I love living alone.

If I didn't buy my MR2 I would have over 20k $ for a cash down (unless you meant 100k), and there are some decent places to buy for under 200k$ in Verdun, it's near downtown. But it will be small.

Back