Engine Braking

Dubs13

How often do you guys engine brake? Do you downshift before every stop sign or red light or do you just put it in neutral and use the brakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neutral+brake

j'aime mieux utiliser le systeme qui a été développé pour ca que de mettre du stress sur toute le systeme motopropulseur... incluant la clutch

Je rev-match en conduite agressive pour les virage + heel & toe quand je feel plus courageux lol.

Sinon jai pour mon dire que un set de pad de brakes, sa coûte crissement moin cher qu'une clutch a remplacer, donc brakes for the win.

Je le fait des fois mais toujours en double clutch ou revmatch pour pas user la clutch, mais sur ma corolla ça sert à rien parce que "L'engine bracking" est très faible sur ce moteur.

même que dans une côte d'environ 8-10% ( rien de super à pic ) en 3ième à 75-80kmh ça ne ralentit pas du tout...

always do it, less wear on the brakes

More on the tranny...

Engine braking is much more noticeable on my bike (12:1 compression ratio) or a diesel.

The advantage of downshifting (and engine brake) is to be in the right gear to accelerate after.

More on the tranny...

Engine braking is much more noticeable on my bike (12:1 compression ratio) or a diesel.

The advantage of downshifting (and engine brake) is to be in the right gear to accelerate after.

It will put more stress on the tranny if you don't rev-match but who the hell does that?? Freaking big noise and your head on the dash...

If you rev match it wont put anymore stress than if you let go of the gas while driving..not too much stress there if you ask anyone.

engine braking was the method of choice for braking on older cars that didn't have ABS. These days it's less important and possibly quite dangerous since the moron drivers of Quebec don't notice your vehicle slowing down and no brake light is coming on...

Quand je descend une grosse cote avec une charge sur le trailer ou avec mon bateau; down shift le truck et laisse compressé.

I'll rev match/down shift + brake if I need to stop pretty quickly, especially if I was going fast.

Or If I'm getting ready to turn after I slow down.

Under normal driving I'll just let off the gas then put it in neutral after a few seconds and brake.

Back