Accident with my Skyline. Need some help/advice

Lildude1089

Thursday afternoon, I got into an accident with my R32. I was brought by the ambulance to the hospital right after the accident.
I was extremely lucky to walk out of the hospital with nothing but a few scratches, however I'm still suffering from some neck pain.

The bad news is that I'm covered only 1 way on my car.

Here is the incident as I recall.

I was leaving a bank parking lot and desired to turn left. However, there is a traffic light in that exact location that causes quite a bit of traffic on a daily basis. When I initially turned left there were no cars coming on my left or right, so I decided to come out of the parking lot and slowly advance. When I "thought" there were no cars coming towards my direction (going left) I began to turn and then I noticed a car heading towards me and basically T boned my car.

Now, I am probably at fault here because I shouldnt have advanced. However, I have always exited this parking lot for the past 5 or 6 years the same way and never had a problem.

Seeing that I'm only covered one way, I am probably fucked. My cars door is finished as well as the quarter panel. However, after a friend and I checked the car, it looks that the frame is not bent. It seems that my car was low enough that the impact was higher up to the door and quarter only.

I do plan on fixing my car somehow and turning it into a track car next summer. My main concern is if it's any way possible to fight this situation. My main positive out of this situation is that she claimed to have been going 20km's however the damages to my door ( fully bent inwards by roughly 2 feet) have to have resulted in a collision of 60+km/h. The area that this happened in was a school zone. So I'm wondering if there is anyway I can get some kind of money out of this situation. I know there are quite a few police officers on the boards, and I would just like some insight on what to do now.

I tried to get a police report from the saaq today but they told me it will take 2 weeks... What do i do? Any help is appreciated.

je pourrais pas répondre a ta question d'assurances
par contre, c'est normal que ton frame ne soit pas tordu, les R32 ont jamais eu de frame

Qu'elle roule a 20 km ou 120 km ça change rien . Comme tu l'as mentionner quand tu t'engages dans une voie tu dois t'assurer que le chemin est libre. J'espère que tes blessures ne te causerons pas de tord

Not too sure I understand the intersection you're talking about. Post a pic!

Damn, this sucks. I had a very similar, if not the same type of accident just a year ago that left my FD with a nasty face lift. Unfortunately, from the way I understand the story, you are 100% at fault and there is nothing you can do.

Alright, that's kind of what I was assuming already.

PhotoSep2273936PM.jpg

This seems to be a slow impact. If she hit you at a delta V of 60 km/h you wouldn't be posting... I'd estimate her speed at impact at 15 km/h or so.

anyway the insurance just use the chart posted in a other tread ...to determine who is a the fault
they don't care about speed visibility ect

Back