Event Coverage: Importfest

Are you SERIOUS???

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

its that A8 - R8 lulllz.

I spent allllll day there.. I thought the show was actually really good..Not all cars were my tastes but even most of the show cars were really well done..

zomg riced out show sadly...and most off all the rice car ''won'' in all categories...and the girl from Got Ass? zomgbbqsauce

There actually were a lot of clean cars but you guys have to remember its a CAR SHOW..so there will be a bunch of show cars there built up ( not my taste ) to win plastic trophies.. If you just wanna see nice stanced cars then go to the JDM mondays/Euro@ Julep lol.

I like looking at some of the garage queens, you'll see them next year with little or no mods to them since there is nothing new to add. People need to move onto new projects to keep it fresh.

i wasn't happy, I drove 45mins x2, 10$ parking, 18$ to get in for 30 mins of walking around a really small room, there was only 2 cars that really made me wow, sooooo much rice and way to many domestics (importfest???) there was a couple really hot girls but most of the girls were very mediocre.... disappointed

i wasn't happy, I drove 45mins x2, 10$ parking, 18$ to get in for 30 mins of walking around a really small room, there was only 2 cars that really made me wow, sooooo much rice and way to many domestics (importfest???) there was a couple really hot girls but most of the girls were very mediocre.... disappointed

lol true that.

Good thing I didn't go. Montreal has too much rice going on. Only few knows how to build a proper car.

They maintain the balance and economy in the tuning scene. Without them, many companies would be out of business and then basic mods for everyday cars wouldn't be available.

Also, it's their car, their money and their interests. If they want to do that then by all means let them.

In fact they have bigger balls then most guys on MR since they are PROPERLY modding a car.

How so you ask?

Simple.

They please themselves first, something nobody does anymore as they don't want to be at the expense of being ridiculed. It might not be what most people would choose to do when modding cars but that's what makes these guys so real, they do what they want and don't give a shit about anything else.

The truth is though, stand up for what you love, be it body kits or neons or decals....or why else rep it in the first place? You're just another person who follows the system if you don't. You shouldn't have to be forced into liking or not liking certain styles of mods. The men who differentiate and see beyond all this bs and mod what THEY want, set themselves apart. They are the mature car enthusiasts and we need more of them.

Also to mention: ANY auto enthusiast knows that the most fun we get from car tuning is not the end result but rather the process and effort put into creating such a piece of machinery. Once the game is over, the only thing left to enjoy is the score. The score is often forgotten but the game never is.

Seriously, all this aside: you don't always have to respect the car but if you respect the driver then his/her ride doesn't matter. The car is a drivers expressions built into one neat package; a canvas. If some decide to paint it differently then you would, then that does not mean it is wrong but rather worth trying to understand the motive put into painting it. If you can understand the mindset of the artist and respect his vision then the painting should not matter. Picasso made some butt ugly paintings but people respected them, which made any painting/drawing of his amazing as a by-product. Why isn't it the same with the auto industry.

^This, is why there is so much hate in not only the car industry but society in general.

Oh yea, all you haters can quote me all you want but honestly, I don't give a fuck.

Grow up you whining little kids and learn to be open minded whether or not it's your cup of tea. Use you brain for a chance.

/end rant.

They maintain the balance and economy in the tuning scene. Without them, many companies would be out of business and then basic mods for everyday cars wouldn't be available.

Also, it's their car, their money and their interests. If they want to do that then by all means let them.

In fact they have bigger balls then most guys on MR since they are PROPERLY modding a car.

How so you ask?

Simple.

They please themselves first, something nobody does anymore as they don't want to be at the expense of being ridiculed. It might not be what most people would choose to do when modding cars but that's what makes these guys so real, they do what they want and don't give a shit about anything else.

The truth is though, stand up for what you love, be it body kits or neons or decals....or why else rep it in the first place? You're just another person who follows the system if you don't. You shouldn't have to be forced into liking or not liking certain styles of mods. The men who differentiate and see beyond all this bs and mod what THEY want, set themselves apart. They are the mature car enthusiasts and we need more of them.

Also to mention: ANY auto enthusiast knows that the most fun we get from car tuning is not the end result but rather the process and effort put into creating such a piece of machinery. Once the game is over, the only thing left to enjoy is the score. The score is often forgotten but the game never is.

Seriously, all this aside: you don't always have to respect the car but if you respect the driver then his/her ride doesn't matter. The car is a drivers expressions built into one neat package; a canvas. If some decide to paint it differently then you would, then that does not mean it is wrong but rather worth trying to understand the motive put into painting it. If you can understand the mindset of the artist and respect his vision then the painting should not matter. Picasso made some butt ugly paintings but people respected them, which made any painting/drawing of his amazing as a by-product. Why isn't it the same with the auto industry.

^This, is why there is so much hate in not only the car industry but society in general.

Oh yea, all you haters can quote me all you want but honestly, I don't give a fuck.

Grow up you whining little kids and learn to be open minded whether or not it's your cup of tea. Use you brain for a chance.

/end rant.

AMEN to that. finally somebody with a brain.

There actually were a lot of clean cars but you guys have to remember its a CAR SHOW..so there will be a bunch of show cars there built up ( not my taste ) to win plastic trophies.. If you just wanna see nice stanced cars then go to the JDM mondays/Euro@ Julep lol.

Truth. I also had lots of fun there.

How so you ask?

Simple.

/end rant.

So much truth. Well said.

everything behind the unitronics section was garbage quebec ricers, the girls were nice ish, they could of easily ran a few commercials on the radio to get more people there and nicer cars too. I hope next year will be better we do have a lot of nice cars at the jdm and julep meets im sure some of those guys would of loved to have their cars at the fest

How so you ask?

Simple.

/end rant.
*tu**tu**tu* when you tune your cars it's for you all over anything not for other !!

How so you ask?

Simple.

/end rant.

Je crois que ca rejoint la majorité de se que pense les vieux de la vielle ;) Bravo Well Said !!

Back