Question coilover et suspension pour Civic EG/EK

drift.mechanic

Salut les boys
Ok, j'ai juste une petite question pour ceux qui course leurs EG/EK, quel coilovers utiliser vous et comment vous les aimers? Utiliser vous des pieces particuliers par rapports aux autres?

Sur mon Skyline, j'ai des Buddy Club P-1 Racing coilovers et un full multi link de Driftworx et je les adores! Mais mettons que je pense que c'est un peux trop extreme pour le lapping et course (time attack et road rally) que je vais faire l'an prochain.

Mon EK n'est pas super modifier, B18C1 with Type-R tranny, OBX itb's, Skunk2 Tri-y headers, AEM EMS

Vos informations et opinions sont tres bienvenu

Merci d'avance

Phil

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hey guys
I have a couple of questions for you the guys who track their EG/EK, qhat coilovers do you use and how do you like them? Do you use certain suspension components instead of others for specific reasons?

On my Skyline, I use Buddy Club P-1 Racing coilovers and a full Driftworx multi link and I love it. But lets just say that with the racing ill be doing next year (time attack and tarmac rally) a suspension system as elaborate as that is a bit overkill.

My EK is very moddestly modded, B18C1 with Type-R tranny, OBX itb's, Skunk2 Tri-y headers, AEM EMS

Your information and opinions are very welcome

Thanks in advance

Phil

Simple answer, Koni sport OR Koni Race with Ground Control is the way to go.
Best bang for the buck and all the set up info is available.

call us if you need more info.

Gonna agree with Carl on the koni ground control setup. have been running it for 2 seasons on my eg and couldnt be more satisfied. for the price I really dont think their is anthing else that really comes close. depending on the spring rate you plan on running koni race are probably the better choice, I am running 430/500 rates with koni yellows and the shocks are pretty much maxed out in terms if spring rate imo. That being said the great thing about the konis is that they can be sent out and revalved to be mated with stiffer spring rates.

lhiver passe je me demandais jsutement quest ce que jallais rouler comme suspension sur mon EG, carl ma conseillez koni race et Ground control!

Jai acheter sa et je suis plus quentierement satisfait de mon achat !! alors je te conseillerais la meme chose !

There are spring rates to go with sport shocks and there are higher rates to accomodate the Race dampers.
If you get them from us, we will be more than happy to share our aquired knowledge on Civic set up.

Thanks for the info everyone. Getting opinions and information from people who have used these things to their max performance.

The feedback that everyone is giving regarding these Konis is really cool. I like the instant adjustability of the coilovers, not to mention easy corner weight adjustments.

Has anyone used the Koni coilover system? If i remember correctly, they use 28mm shafts and 32 way adjustability. Adjustable shock perch mounts for corner weighting.

Let me know what you think

Another possibility is the Apexi coilovers. 44mm shaft, forged aluminum top plates, 38 way adjustability, adjustable perches. This kit is only 150$ more than the Koni coilover kit.

Progress also makes a few different kits. Skunk2 pro series is in there as well at around 750$.

IM SO CONFUSED

Cool Carl, thanks for that. There are somethings that my detroit supplier doesnt sell, ie the Koni Yellows. That i would have to buy from you.

Karl Wittmer told me you were a pretty cool guy, looking forward to buying my Hans from you this winter. BTW, can you get your hands on OMP helmets and Sparco gloves? I want to give myself a nice christmas present this year.

Phil,

We do have everything you want in our store. The OMP helmets and sparco gloves are in stock, and right now we have a sale on sparco. You should pass by the store to give you a better idea of what we do.

Phil nice talking with you over the phone.

The big difference between GC and Koni Race coil over set up and all the others mentioned, is track or street use. The Koni factory coilover set up is too soft and designed for the street- as is the Apexi....

See ya at the shop!

J'ai suivit les conseil de Carl pour mon setup de suspension(EK-Koni/GC) et je suis bien content une fois avoir trouver la bonne hauteur et règlage.

Nice talking to you too Carl. You're very knowledgeable and a pleasure to talk to. Ill see you tomorrow.
Seems that the reviews are pretty unanimous in favor of this suspension system combination.

Thanks Alex
I called Carl this afternoon and ill be coming by tomorrow to see the shop and try on some new gloves and shop for a Hans

Last edited:
Merci pour le feedback, Carl m'as dis cette apres midi qu'il a vendu 20 kit de suspension Koni + GC. Avec des ventes comme ca et du feedback hyper positif, c'est simple a voir que c'est un system fiable et tres performant.

Merci encore pour le feedback

Tu peux toujours acheter autre chose, mais tu va juste être plus lent! loll!

Moi j'ai roulé koni sport et GC 340/430, 430/500, 500/600, et j'ai maintenant depuis 3 ans Koni race avec 600/800... Les 2 derniers sont ce qu'il y a de mieux...avec les races... Avec un sway bar 22mm et des bushing en urethane ou thermoplastic, tu vas avoir un set-up de champion! :bigup: etk, ça marche bien pour moi!

Back