Article: Russian_M3 or Russian_C63 or Russian_911 ?

Which one would you pick ?

• Total voters

Russian_M3

Shop Representative
After owning four different Bmw M3 as summer cars, I started thinking it is time to change for something else.

Haven't had a sports car for a year now however the motorcycle does compensate for the adrenaline rush !

So for next year I decided to get a summer car again, at first I was sure I will purchase the E92 M3 Coupe, then I decided I could possibly invest a couple of extra Roubles into a 911 997.2 but then the new 2012 Mercedes C63 Coupe caught my attention.

Before someone mentions it , I am aware that the 997.2 is by far the better choice, however I have a budget and I would prefer buying brand new over slightly used.

Which one would you pick out of the three and why:

1. 2012 BMW M3 414HP/295torque $83,000 with options 0-100km/h in 4.7 sec 4.0L V8

2. 2012 M-B C63 AMG 451HP/443torque $76,000 with options 0-100km/h in 4.5 sec 6.2L V8

3. 2009 Porsche 911 S 376HP/306torque $85,000 fully loaded 0-100km/h in 4.6 sec 3.8L H6

My first choice would of been Porsche no questions asked only if I could of afforded a brand new one, however I am still considering a used one although I rather have a brand new vehicle !
So, I am leaning more towards the Mercedes because : alot of power, new redesigned model, Coupe version, price.

So far this is where I stand : #1 Mercedes , #2 Porsche, #3 BMW M3.

Mercedes
2012-Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG-Coupe.jpg

2012-Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG-Coupe-dashboard.jpg

2012-Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG-Coupe-rear.jpg

2012-Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG-Coupe-side.jpg

2012-Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG-Coupe-top.jpg

BMW
mw1.jpg

mw2.jpg

mw5.jpg

m51.jpg

m35.jpg

Porsche
PB206A.02.jpg

PB206A.04.jpg

PB206A.06.jpg

PB206A.08.jpg

PB206A.09.jpg

PB206A.13.jpg

PB206A.18.jpg

PB206A.19.jpg

as a summer car, i've always told myself if i would win the 6/49 i would buy a C63. Serious talking. have you heard this car with a complete exhaust line ? it is simply pure sex. me want so bad.

I own a 2011 E92 M3 with DCT and my brother owns a 2008 C63 sedan.

When the M3 is equipped with DCT, it helps to hang with the more powerful, more torquey (but heavier) C63. A DCT and a 6sp M3 are night and day.

The C63 has a boss exhaust note from the factory, with aftermarket upgrades only increasing the insanity. I prefer the high-revving shriek of the M3 with an aftermarket exhaust tho.

The C63 feels really loose when hopping into it from the M3; I prefer the steering feel, handling, balance and confidence of the M3 over the C63.

The C63 has a better everyday/around town motor due to its gobs of available torque in the low rpm range. M3 needs to be rev'd to the stratosphere to extract all its power... (nirvana for some).

The M3 has superior chassis dynamics which is very evident when driving the two back-to-back.

Toss up between interiors and amenities; I prefer the M3's iDrive UI and interior over the Benz.

Seats in the C63 kick ass, but may be too tight for some. M3 has awesome seats as well, with adjustable side bolstering.

The M3 also has a maintenance program with free oil changes and service. Not sure if MB has a comparable offer.

Both cars have very limited options when it comes to aftermarket power upgrades, but no shortage of cosmetic bits.

Feel free to PM if you have any specific questions.

Oh, and the 997 CS will be underwhelming compared to these cars. Minimum GT3 or Turbo. or go home IMO.

When the M3 is equipped with DCT, it helps to hang with the more powerful, more torquey (but heavier) C63. A DCT and a 6sp M3 are night and day.

The C63 has a boss exhaust note from the factory, with aftermarket upgrades only increasing the insanity. I prefer the high-revving shriek of the M3 with an aftermarket exhaust tho.

The C63 feels really loose when hopping into it from the M3; I prefer the steering feel, handling, balance and confidence of the M3 over the C63.

The C63 has a better everyday/around town motor due to its gobs of available torque in the low rpm range. M3 needs to be rev'd to the stratosphere to extract all its power... (nirvana for some).

The M3 has superior chassis dynamics which is very evident when driving the two back-to-back.

Toss up between interiors and amenities; I prefer the M3's iDrive UI and interior over the Benz.

Seats in the C63 kick ass, but may be too tight for some. M3 has awesome seats as well, with adjustable side bolstering.

The M3 also has a maintenance program with free oil changes and service. Not sure if MB has a comparable offer.

Both cars have very limited options when it comes to aftermarket power upgrades, but no shortage of cosmetic bits.

Oh, and the 997 CS will be underwhelming compared to these cars. Minimum GT3 or Turbo. or go home IMO.

Stick with Russian_M3 ;)

Thank you for the informative post, I am an all time BMW fan, I have owned practically all the series throughout the years but they all feel more or less the same ''ultimate driving machine'' , I figured I'd give a try for something different considering the fact that I don't keep cars longer than 2 years.

I have till March to make up my mind on something so I will contact you for some additional info sometime !

I cant stand a auto tranny... but out of that list I have to go with the C63... there's something about that car what would make me go to the dark side of being a lazy driver

Mercedes ont vraiment reussi leur coup avec leurs derniers modeles. Juste l'automatique qui me fait chier....

I say go try all 3 cars and then start to think about the plus & minus of all cars !!!

Gotta love those hi-rev N/A engine *tu*

Sorry to disagree...but a C2S is the comparison to C63 & M3, IF you could compare...!
Because for me comparing bimmer or Mercedes to Porsche is like comparing VW or Honda to bimmer & Mercedes

1.Porsche
2.BMW
And by far my last option3.Mercedes

P.S: I agree the AMG does have an insane sound, the best stock from these 3

What are you planning to do with the car? Just cruise the streets or track time as well?

I would not buy new, the depreciation is too steep on these cars. Get yourself a 1-2 year old M3 and you'll be satisfied.

The top pick would be a 911 Carrera 4S (not the Carrera S) and certainly not the color combo in your picture.

@djharmonix : how much is your friend willing to negotiate ?
Not lowballing but my budget is around $80K , keeping another $20K for a Harley ..

@romango : I'm in the export business , fruits and vegetables to be more precise

@Stef911 : I've driven the 911 many times as well as all BMW models (they all feel the same more or less)
As for Mercedes it's something new for me (driven S600, S320 Cdi , CLS 320 Cdi and owned a CLK 500)

@VWSpeed : I don't do track , mostly city and highway in the metropolitan area so an auto tranny is a plus considering driving in traffic.

P.S. Had a E46 M3 with SMG and I can't stand that transmission the only thing I really enjoyed is the way it downshifted with amazing rev matching

And also for the color combination,

If Mercedes : brown on beige leather

If BMW : le mans blue on light beige

If Porsche : prefferably silver on espresso / cognac leather

As for the depreciation of new cars it doesn't bother me as much as driving a car who was driven by god knows who

Back