West Island Water Undrinkable!!! WE GON DIE!!!

dolomight 74-86

Apparently most of the West Islands water is not fit for cooking or consumption. A woman from the city of Beaconsfield came by and told us the water of most the West Island was contaminated. Anybody else hear anything about it?

Just got home and my brother called me to warn me.

Here's the CBC link:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2011/10/14/water-west-island.html

Residents on Montreal's West Island are being warned to avoid using their water because of unusually low levels of chlorine.

The warning affects people in Baie D'urfé, Beaconsfield, Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, southern parts of Senneville, southern parts of Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Kirkland and Pointe-Claire.

MORE INFORMATION

Authorities say they found a problem at the Pointe-Claire water treatment plant on Friday during routine tests.

Low levels of chlorine were recorded, enough to potentially make someone sick.

People should avoid drinking their water, and using it for cooking or teeth-brushing.

Showers and baths are safe, as long as no water is swallowed.

The water is safe to use for washing dishes and clothes.

Authorities say boiling the water will make no difference because it is a problem caused by chlorine.

About 100,000 households in seven municipalities are affected.

Authorities say they hope to remedy the situation by Saturday.

Always have, I find it extremely relieving knowing our tap water has never been flouride poisoned. There's this bs that they want to start though =/

Tap water > Bottled water until that shit happens!

I hope that was sarcastic.
Our tap water has about 0.5ppm of fluoride in it.
Dont belive me, get urself a test kit.
I had one laying around my cottage because of the tests in the well. So i said why not.

Back