Need a fitted suit... Can anyone help me

I think they start at like 5XX and go up depending on material
I pay around 700-800 per suit but I do tend to get some of the nicer more rare materials.

Shirts are REALLY nice though with Super 160 shirts going for like 160-180 a shirt or cheaper actually.... Cant remember but I remember being suprised at the quality vs price. Of course you can always get 75-100$ shirts too.

Benson & Brown are boss! we went today, super nice guys!

Glad you stopped in. GOOD dudes. Who did you deal with Shlomo or Mendie?

Mendie, like a boss

Menjie was awsome man. I cant believe how well priced the suits are. 650 For a custom made suit is ridiculous. I gave him my deposit so i have yet to see the finished product but i have a feeling hes going to deliver.

Full canvas

I was actually going to start a thread on this.

I'm also looking for a suit and some dress pants.

I'm tired of always having to look at Harry Rosen or those shops on Peel. They have nice things but I'd try a new store.

Question: Where can I find fully canvassed suits? Do the stores mentioned in this thread have canvassed suits? I don't want fused suits. I just learned that even Hugo Boss sells fused suits...I didn't have a good experience with them on my last suit.

I don't mind paying a little more if the suit is high quality. I like very ''soft-fine'' material that falls nicely on the body. Not some fabric that feels stiff and artificial.

Thanks for the suggestions. (I'm off this week so I don't mind going anywhere in Montreal and surrounding places like Laval and the South Shore)

Full canvas jackets is the way to go, combine with a heavy cloth, last longer and give a nice roll on the lapel...
My tailor is Sartorialto on Papineau, mentioned above...

http://www.sartorialto.com/

160 for the jacket + pants ? How is that even possible ?

I don't know how it's done in Montreal because prices are ridiculous but down in the states there are some insane deals.

This trip I've bought 2 Jones New York Slim fit suits for 360$ (for both) and a Calvin Klein Tux for 280$. I didn't need the Tux but at that price I had to.

Shopping in Canada for clothing is fucked. After this trip I'm never making any big wardrobe purchases inside of Canada. Clothing price differences are like 10x better/worse than those of books.

Tailleur datillio ou quelque chose du genre. Je crois qu'il est sur st-hubert. Ça m'avait coûté 600$ environ pour un complet entièrement fait sur mesure et ton nom est écrit à l'intérieur. En plus tous les ajustements sont gratuits par la suite. La mesure est prise au début et à moitié de la confection donc le fit est très bien.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a

Menjie was awsome man. I cant believe how well priced the suits are. 650 For a custom made suit is ridiculous. I gave him my deposit so i have yet to see the finished product but i have a feeling hes going to deliver.

Did he give you an ETA? I'm looking for <2 week turnover.

I called sartolialto but they only do ''sur mesure''. They don't have any clothes for sale in their store. I like to see things before I buy and it's not easy to imagine what you would look like from looking at pictures in a magazine.

I called sartolialto but they only do ''sur mesure''. They don't have any clothes for sale in their store. I like to see things before I buy and it's not easy to imagine what you would look like from looking at pictures in a magazine.
So go see suits in stores? Sarcasm

Custom made are like that, you could see the material but never the finished product. I guess you'd have to make one first and than you'll get addicted.

Je pense que je devrais esseyer ca des custom suit avec mon physique.
600$ c'est pas trop mal.

Je m'y connais pas vraiment en suit (un peu mais je suis pas un expert) mais c'est quoi qu'il faut de base dans son garde de robe?

Je pense que je devrais esseyer ca des custom suit avec mon physique.
600$ c'est pas trop mal.

Je m'y connais pas vraiment en suit (un peu mais je suis pas un expert) mais c'est quoi qu'il faut de base dans son garde de robe?

Un bleu marin, un noir et un gris!

So go see suits in stores? Sarcasm

Custom made are like that, you could see the material but never the finished product. I guess you'd have to make one first and than you'll get addicted.

I'm sure the fit is perfect but I just have difficulty in picturing how a piece of fabric in a book will look on me. Even when I look at a suit on a rack in a store and then I try on it there's a huge difference in how I like the look.

Maybe I could pick out a suit I like and ask a tailor to make me one with the same fabric...

I'm sure the fit is perfect but I just have difficulty in picturing how a piece of fabric in a book will look on me. Even when I look at a suit on a rack in a store and then I try on it there's a huge difference in how I like the look.

Maybe I could pick out a suit I like and ask a tailor to make me one with the same fabric...

see thats the thing with me, I stick to bespoke fabrics and have always gotten comments on my suits for that exact reason.

Back