Small car that's fun to drive?

tu résumes PARFAITEMENT ce que je pense de la Fiesta
c'est une petite voiture qui a le feeling d'une voiture plus haut de gamme
l'insonorisation a l'intérieur est comparable aux Mercedes series C et Audi A4 qu'on a eu
j'ai l'option du systeme de son 6 speakers et Sync et il est vraiment bien
le volant est super aussi, la SES a le volant en cuir

j'suis allé a certains meets et ce qui a frappé plusieurs personnes c'est la qualité de la peinture

mais oublie ca, tu peux pas comparer ca a une Mini ou une GTI, c'est pas pentoute le meme genre de véhicule
la Mini et la GTI ca tourne au tour de 40 000$, les autres petites voitures genre Accent, Rio, Fiesta, Fit, etc c'est 13-20k

ce qui suck de la Fiesta 2012, c'est que le prix a substentiellement augmenté par rapport a la 2011 et y'a pas de changements a part quelques options de look plus sportif

Merci des commentaires! Je pensais vendre mon SRT-4 et m'acheter un petit char neuf, la Fiesta me tentait en maudit mais j'avais jamais eu de commentaires encore dessus!

So other that the mini cooper, what small card are there that are fun to drive and give good feedback?

New focus is OK, 2012 Accent is crap (numb, awful shifter, boatlike), Civic Si is crap (numb), Mazda 2 is really too cramped.

Have not tried fiesta but don't have high expectations.

ANyone comment?

Looking for fun to drive/connected to the road feeling before outright power.

Mazdaspeed3 2011, avec le zero pourcent tu peux surement te la payer... au pire mets la sur 4 ans genre et ca va equivaloir au paiement sur 3 ans d'un econobox.

Sonic avec le moteur ordinaire a le meme probleme que celui de Hyundai. pas de torque pantoute.

Scion TC c'est pas la version moins plate que la corolla?

Golf Sportline et Forte Koup a essayer.

Volvo c30 mileage pourri.

Essaye la Sonic LTZ avec le 1.4 turbo, apparement le torque est quand meme tres bien. L'autre moteur c;est un 1.8, donc plus torqueux que le 1.6 de Hyundai, tu devrais essayer juste pour le fun.

LA Scion TC, c'est vraiment loin de la Corolla. Ca n'as rien avoir, je te suggere vraiment d'aller essayer ca. http://www.scion.ca/scion/vehicles/tc

Aussi, si tu veux du torque en masse, essaye une Golf TDI au lieu du 2.5. En plus t'aurais l'economie d'essance aussi.

Une autre idee, la CR-Z Hybride. Ca devrais avoir un bon feeling de conduite avec une tres bonne economie d'essence

article ici
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/11q3/best-handling_car_for_less_than_40_000-feature

en fait je me suis trompé, c'est pas une Cooper S mais bien une JCW

yeah i saw that article but ...

Pushing the car hard, though, reveals how twitchy the chassis is. Under power, the Mini loses directional stability and the steering wheel fights its operator with bump steer and torque steer. At speed, the quick steering and short wheelbase mean changes in direction happen a bit too rapidly to hold a consistent line."

The average driver may never experience the Mini’s twitchy moves and erratic steering. But enthusiasts could find the shortcomings a deal breaker, unless they’re masochists and perceive them as a challenge

i dont track my mini or any car for that matter but in the city i would love to try it , but yeah pushing the car real hard i feel exactly whats being said in the article

Au moins, va essayer la TC.... tu en tireras tes propres conclusions plutot que de te baser sur une vague idée pré-concue! lol Ah; si au moins elle serait propulsion... on en verrait beaucoup plus sur les routes.

try the 2012 focus with the optional sport package with 18'' michelin pilot sport 2

theres a HUGE difference with the normal focus

I haven't driven the new Mazda 3 but the old Mazda 3 had excellent steering feedback. All other economy cars have horrible feedback.

I test drove the current gen twice (in winter 2010 and winter 2011) and at first I thought it was nice, and the steering is sharp, but you don't get that much feedback, I feel more connected to the road with the Honda fit, for example, even if we still don't get so much feedback.

Anyway, I'd wait for the Yaris 3. Also, nobody talked about the new Versa :trollface:

honestly , ur looking for sub 30k . why does it have to be new ? just get a 2-3 year old cooper s and call it a day . after i drove 1, i bought 1. nothing i have ever driven drives like it , it is not a fast car by any standard but its a quick city car and its handles like its on rails , only down side i can see other people may not like is that it is a rought ride but other than that there is simply nothing sub 30k thats a better buy in the small car catagory

I test drove a first gen cooper S once and it was a deception, my expectations were too high maybe... I guess that the mk2 has significant improvements.
However, it has by far best driving position and seats (lots of front legroom, height adjustment, good shape).

"fun to drive/connected to the road"

You'll never find anything that fits that comment more than a real Mini (the classic).
there's one for every budget, parts are easy to find, the mini community is great and helpful (no trolls!), they're cheap to race, easy to repare, and they actually gain value over time if well maintained.

I will consider one some day if it's comfortable for tall people (apparently it's okay), this or a Honda City Turbo II. There are so many nice little cars from Japan and Europe.

Au moins, va essayer la TC.... tu en tireras tes propres conclusions plutot que de te baser sur une vague idée pré-concue! lol Ah; si au moins elle serait propulsion... on en verrait beaucoup plus sur les routes.

Pour moi les turn off c'est le moteur de Camry et la finition très cheap. Un 1.8l de série conviendrait aux besoins de plusieurs, même avec 140hp.
C'est le coupé le plus spacieux pour 4 personnes aussi je trouve, hatchback en plus. Bref, l'aspect pratique n'est pas négligé malgré le look de coupé et pour ça, je salue Toyota. Pour le reste, autant acheter une Corolla en promotion à 13 000$....

En fait je serais curieux d'essayer une Corolla 2009+ avec la direction électrique, j'aime beaucoup celle de la yaris (pour un char non sportif), je ne sais pas si celle de la Corolla est aussi bien.

Last edited:
get a used cooper s that's in your budget. I fucking love that car. definitely would not get Non-s though

You want something small and fun to drive...
21089.jpg

Trust me, there is nothing more fun to drive then a bike. After owning some 11 cars, mostly sports car. I finally pulled the trigger on a motorcycle and i will never go back to a sports car.
So much fun to drive... and hell a cheap on gas!! You don't need to be driving fast either, going slower then the speed limit is still very much fun on a motorcycle!

21089.jpg

Trust me, there is nothing more fun to drive then a bike. After owning some 11 cars, mostly sports car. I finally pulled the trigger on a motorcycle and i will never go back to a sports car.
So much fun to drive... and hell a cheap on gas!! You don't need to be driving fast either, going slower then the speed limit is still very much fun on a motorcycle!

Already got my SV650 :) looking for a car that won't put me to sleep for the other 3 seasons

21089.jpg

I have one, the pleasure is not comparable, but you still need a car, and I don't dare to push a bike as much as I push my car. And even if driving at speed limits is fun, you still end up in GEV fast enough :D.

How are you idiots still feeding this thread? OP is comparing random cars that only share a small size. That's it. Budget, performance, and economy are all over the place.

Like all the other "recommend me a car" threads, this nigga ain't buying shit.

How are you idiots still feeding this thread? OP is comparing random cars that only share a small size. That's it. Budget, performance, and economy are all over the place.

Like all the other "recommend me a car" threads, this nigga ain't buying shit.

GTFO of this thread then faggot. Budget is 25K, target MPG is 35 and fun to drive and MT are mandatory. Clear enough?

Back