Apple's iTV in 2012?

sparcosoul

Apple haters are going to applehate.

We all know how technology at Apple has evolved. At very first there was the Mac, revolution in music happened with the iPod, after further digitization the iPhone blew gadget geeks and now the iPad is changing the way we compute. With Steve Jobs announcing his retirement as Apple’s CEO the reins of handing technology’s future now lies with Tim Cook. It seems they have already come up with a grand new revolution and this time it is sure to change and capture the television industry. Looks like this was the next best industry just after computing, music and communication!Firstly this doesn’t seem to surprise those who have closely been following Apple’s conquers. After smart communication; smart TV that is integrated with the iOS was the only logical advancement. According to a few internet rumors, an unknown Apple executive has made future plans about the smart TV with the iOS known to outsiders. According to the rumor mill, this new Apple product is slated for release sometime during the end of 2012 or early 2013. The rumor further states that Apple has been in continuing talks with a well known TV manufacture to help them get started with their Apple branded iTV.

Just a few years ago Apple had introduced their multimedia set top box that streamed programs and multimedia content to an existing TV. That’s where the idea ended and there were not many who were really interested in it. According to Apple standards it was a flop; however Steve Jobs gave a much easier tag saying that it was “Just a hobby.”

The iTV sounds like an amazing plan, and although introduced after the Apple set top box, an apt cousin to it. Imagine the possibilities it holds, downloading programs and multimedia from iTunes, surf the internet as well as watch your favorite TV programs, play games, amazing technology and lots more. You might just have to sell your DVD player Blu Ray, PS3 and even get rid of your Cable connection. Visualize the number of cables and wires you also get rid of, your iTV space will now look cleaner and in tune with technology!

The iTV does sound like the best next tech gadget that the market is now ready for. The simple reason being that people would love to have a single screen that can access just about everything and anything they would love, with just the click of a few buttons that is no mess and very easy.

It does sound very interesting, and for those who have already heard about this technology, like me, just can’t wait to get their hands on it. It is revolutionary technology that is sure to change the way we pursue television for the better. I also assume that the iTV will also have aesthetic design and will be a great product quality wise. After all it’s an Apple!

Holy shit! Pay 4000$ for a TV that has one wire and comes in glossy shades of white and black? Where do I sign up???!!!

its probably the best tv to come out ever.. knowing apple..

not sure if serious??
or your a fanboy?
1045843-fanboy_super.jpg

I think I beat apple. It's called hooking up your pc to a tv. the only thing they managed to do was eliminate 3 wires, wires that you only see during installation.....

Anyways, this is either gonna sell by the metric shitton, or be a massive flop. Realistically, i'm thinking it's gonna be a flop due to the fact that its just a big, expensive mac with a super expensive tv service.

Last edited:
And if they do, they'll use Sharp pannels. Expect shitty quattron LCD pannels. 120hz ahoy.

fuck LCD-LED btw

This is going to be a $4000 combination of the current Apple TV and a Sharp LCD or LED Panel as mentioned by Traule.

Smart TV's already exist. What apple will be introducing already exists and can be purchased at your local FutureShop/BestBuy. Samsung, Sony, Sharp, just to name a few brands, already have extensive product lines for this type of product.

You can read all about it here: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/research/samsung-smart-tv/rc8353.aspx

This will in no way be a revolutionary product, especially if it is released in 2012-2013, 3 years after the competition.

And if they do, they'll use Sharp pannels. Expect shitty quattron LCD pannels. 120hz ahoy.

fuck LCD-LED btw

I really hope they get reverse bitch slapped by Samsung who distributes panels to almost every electronic companies besides LG / Sharp and offers aggressive pricing. Apple's business model CANNOT compete in the flat pannel industry. The last company that boasted similar exclusivity was Pioneer and it didn't take too long to kick them out of the game.

Nobody wants an overpriced, undersized, rebranded ' magical ' peice of iJunk.

This is going to be a $4000 combination of the current Apple TV and a Sharp LCD or LED Panel as mentioned by Traule.

Smart TV's already exist. What apple will be introducing already exists and can be purchased at your local FutureShop/BestBuy. Samsung, Sony, Sharp, just to name a few brands, already have extensive product lines for this type of product.

You can read all about it here: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/research/samsung-smart-tv/rc8353.aspx

This will in no way be a revolutionary product, especially if it is released in 2012-2013, 3 years after the competition.

With Apple, it's not about making a BRAND NEW revolutionary product, but making it easier to use, and appeal to the masses.

That's what makes it "revolutionary," is that something that only techgeeks know about will finally be revolutionized (i.e. MARKETED) to the masses as something that anyone can get, and allowing you to think that it's affordable, and that you need it.

Marketing Geniuses.

Pourquoi faire une télévision intelligente quand la console de jeu ou l'ordinateur qu'on branche dessus l'est de toutes façons?

Si le Apple TV était bon ils en vendraient des millions. Sauf que c'est totalement de la merde. Ça fait pas de full HD, tu passes ton temps à convertir des fichiers et finalement ça prend un ordi qui fait le 3/4 de la job.

Si Apple en fesait un juste aussi bon que ceux de western digital ils en vendraient 10 millions.

Ça c'est la portion lecteur de fichier multimédia mais là on parle de rouler des applications et tout.

J'va dire comme les autres, un fils HDMI qui part d'un laptop et ça va no.1. Tu peux t'installer des programmes faites pour manoeuvrer avec une manette. Sauf c'est pas blanc pis c'est pas à mode....

With Apple, it's not about making a BRAND NEW revolutionary product, but making it easier to use, and appeal to the masses.

That's what makes it "revolutionary," is that something that only techgeeks know about will finally be revolutionized (i.e. MARKETED) to the masses as something that anyone can get, and allowing you to think that it's affordable, and that you need it.

Marketing Geniuses.

The iPhone was a revolutionary product in itself, so was the iPad, regardless of how it was marketed.
Apple TV on the other hand was a piece of shit that didn't do anything. Which is why it was never really popular. Apple TV built in to an LCD panel won't be revolutionary, now matter how you market it because it sucks to begin with and if Sony, Samsung, Sharp, LG are not what you call "(i.e. MARKETED) to the masses" then i really don't know what is. Apple will end up releasing a product that is identical to what is already out there but will limit its capabilities and force you to pay for all kinds of apps in order to use it to a fuller extent.

J'aime pas super l'idée qu'une TV fasse d'autres choses qu'être une TV.

Une bonne TV ça dure longtemps. Quand ça sort du salon ça va dans le sous-sol et ensuite dans la chambre. Si tu commences à installer des applications, un operating system, des composantes quelconques et bien dans 10 ans y'a des bonnes chances que la TV marche encore bien mais que les "à côtés" eux ne fonctionnent plus.

Qu'ils fassent un AppleTV super slim qui s'accroche en arrière d'une TV ordinaire, ça va faire la même job et c'est plus versatile. Ensuite s'ils veulent faire une TV Apple et bien go, juste à faire une bonne TV et mettre un AppleTV soudé dedans.

So what are you using my friend?

A panasonic TCP-55VT30 in the living room and a XBR-46HX929.

Sharp sucks, their fifth pixel is a scam, there is no source out there with a 4th colour imbedded in the metadata, it uses it's computer to simulate a yellow, which makes for a shittier image.

The iPhone was a revolutionary product in itself, so was the iPad, regardless of how it was marketed.
Apple TV on the other hand was a piece of shit that didn't do anything. Which is why it was never really popular. Apple TV built in to an LCD panel won't be revolutionary, now matter how you market it because it sucks to begin with and if Sony, Samsung, Sharp, LG are not what you call "(i.e. MARKETED) to the masses" then i really don't know what is. Apple will end up releasing a product that is identical to what is already out there but will limit its capabilities and force you to pay for all kinds of apps in order to use it to a fuller extent.

Touch screens have been done before, but they re-invted it, and marketed it amazingly.

The AppleTV was an attempt to do the same, and failed. Just like a bunch of other Apple products that everyone forgot about.

Yes, there are "smart" consumer items that are out there, but Sony and all these other companies know that it's not worth all their money and build a giant campaign to try to "market it to the masses"; they know they have a niche market that will purchase their TVs.

What they'll try to do is make it into something that "everyone should have." They take risks, but when it succeeds, their stocks go up real fast.

Back