swapped engine by subaru ?

Ayashifx55

Hey there !

Im shopping for a subaru wrx 2004 with STi body kit. This guy claims he has receipts and warranty and said that the engine was completely replaced by subaru's
warrranty 4 months ago but the picture of his engine bay looks old , look at the pulleys ?? I thought when a dealership replaces your engine, he gives you a new
one. He also said the engine still has 8 months left of warranty.

DSCF1101.jpg

Dude I think subbys have 5years max warranty, the car is 7 years old at least...
So maybe his old engine broke, and he swapped another used one which came with a 1year warranty?

why would you get a wrx with an STi body? I find that seriously poser-ish.

whats your budget like? maybe i can help you out.

On dirait que sur le couvert de timing belt ya des marque de crayon. J'ai limpression que le dealer a poser un moteur de la scrap et on donner une garantie dessus.

Looking at the pic I clearly see hand written stuff on the front there. Looks like "...g belt" "...km". Used / junkyard motor?

I know places like lecavalier.com will sell motors with a 1 year warranty if installed by a mechanic or whatever.

he said he has the receipts from subaru dealer and they said it was 100% new motor
Im gonna ask him to scan me the receipt and show you guys...

When the dealer swaps a motor they dont chanage the acessories.... so I dont see how the pullys being in the condition they are in would have anything to do with the swap lol

^but look at the hand writtn stuff On the timing belt cover? Or maybe they just wrote the millege when they changed the timing belt

Because they kept the old cover.

They just replace the block and heads, everything else is from the old motor.

im about to trade my 350z 2003 with 155 000KM for a subaru wrx 2004 190 000KM but with new engine. Let me know if im dumb ;)

Back