"Noise camera" will issue tickets to loud vehicles in Calgary

Marc123

http://www.auto123.com/en/news/car-news/calgary-drivers-soon-to-be-silenced-by-noise-snare?artid=137721&utm_source=forums_mtlr&utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=blog-en

Calgary looks primed to fight noisy vehicles starting next summer. A new secret weapon called the “Noise Snare” will pair a noise reader with a camera to catch offenders like speed cameras do.

The city acquired the $112,500 device for free as part of a pilot project designed to test the accuracy and reliability of the technology.

The results will be reviewed by a committee on Wednesday before the council makes a final decision on whether or not they wish to purchase more of the Noise Snare machines.

If all goes according to plan, free clinics will be held for Calgarians to check the noise level of their vehicles, and the city will start handing out fines by mid 2012.

Bill Bruce, Calgary's director of bylaw services, said the committee is recommending a penalty of $200 for noise offenders.

Auto123.com predicted in a June 2011 article that the Noise Snare could soon spread across the country, and it looks like we were right.

.... you have to prove the vehicle is louder than stock. Unless they have a database for all vehicles decibel levels with a stock exhaust, this would be useless here. and even then the camera would have to analyze make/model/trim to be able to crosscheck if its decibel is louder than stock of that specific trim.

fail.

Next:

We will have a similar device in our bedroom and past 11pm if we make too much noise u'll receive a 200$ fine.
I hope your gf/wife aren't screamers!

lol what the fuck, most of the vehicles in the vid are stock. You're gonna give a pick up truck a ticket because it's too loud? It's a friggin truck! A superbike? They're screwed, all bikes are friggin loud. This is a revenue camera.

.... you have to prove the vehicle is louder than stock. Unless they have a database for all vehicles decibel levels with a stock exhaust, this would be useless here. and even then the camera would have to analyze make/model/trim to be able to crosscheck if its decibel is louder than stock of that specific trim.

fail.

x2, every car, and every trim and every OEM performance part

fail.

Exactly. I like this guy.

The system will issue tickets for excessive noise, not illegal exhausts. Calgary just has to vote a city bylaw limiting noise levels to a certain number of decibels and then use the Noise Snare to enforce it.

The system will issue tickets for excessive noise, not illegal exhausts. Calgary just has to vote a city bylaw limiting noise levels to a certain number of decibels and then use the Noise Snare to enforce it.

So cars that are louder in stock form will be considered illegal?

Lawsuit mayhem.

loi anticonstitutionnel

et au québec, AUCUN règlement municipal ne peut empiété sur le CSR. Donc on a rien a craindre.

slap a boom box dans l'tapis right next to it all day long and it won't catch shit

My buddy already got a ticket here in his STOCK G35. They call it "aggressive acceleration" or something?

My buddy already got a ticket here in his STOCK G35. They call it "aggressive acceleration" or something?

Yeah, they can give ticket for something like ''démonstration de puissance'' for when you're revving your car at a stop/red light.

They can give you a ticket for whatever they want.

Woooowwwwwww

Another way to dig into our pockets. I can't fucking stand the government with their 'tactics'

I would cover my plate and drive back and forth to trip this thing out

Back