25k to spend on all year round sports car : What would you do?

BM-

Alright guys, so I've been a long-time lurker on here, but now I need your advice.

So here it is : I've got a 25k budget for an all-year round sports car, and I don't know what to buy!

As of now, I'm thinking 2009 Subaru STI (I know, it's a little over budget, but up to about 30k is ok if it's worth it)

What I want out of it :

-Balance of original warranty or possibility of extended warranty
-Year-round DD
-Manual
-Something with a sporty feel, good handling and nice power

So, any suggestions for me guys?

Thanks a lot!

subaru brz with good winter tires. You don't need awd and with weather like the last few winters 1-3 months of snow and slush in rwd won't kill you.

Evo viii

MY08 STi (with modded tranny ofc)

Speed6

Speed3 (cause I'm biased like that) but its actually a sick car!!

There shouldnt be any other vehicles considered besides these

Damn guys, you're on it tonight!

Hadn't thought about the mustang, or the R32 for that matter. I didn't know the new mustangs were already that cheap! I'll have to try one for sure. Only thing about the R32 is the DSG (if you were talking about the 2008). Not too sure I'd like it, kinda like my 3rd pedal.

Keep em' coming guys, loving the suggestions and I appreciate it!

And @jmac, why the 2008 STI? Aren't they the MY that has the most problems with the ringland failures?

Damn guys, you're on it tonight!

Hadn't thought about the mustang, or the R32 for that matter. I didn't know the new mustangs were already that cheap! I'll have to try one for sure. Only thing about the R32 is the DSG (if you were talking about the 2008). Not too sure I'd like it, kinda like my 3rd pedal.

Keep em' coming guys, loving the suggestions and I appreciate it!

I was referring to the 2004 model. It comes with a manual transmission. Only thing is that you won't have any warranty since it's getting old and if you need a part, I think it will only be available at your dealership which make the car expensive to take care of.

Last edited:
And @jmac, why the 2008 STI? Aren't they the MY that has the most problems with the ringland failures?

Yes there have been ringland failures but it's not as common as it appears to be, so I've heard. Also, since it is the end of 2011, they are coming off 3/4 year leases which make it a perfect time to buy. They also probably haven't been driven that far so the powertrain will (assumably) have some warranty left on it.

Why spend more money for an 09 STi when you can get an 08 for much cheaper, there is only one noticable difference, which is the hill assist option which can be disabled on an 09.

If it was upto me, I'd get an 07 STi, they are the most beautiful :) But it doesn't exactly correspond to OP, so I left that out...wait so does the EVO...but its too good to leave off the list hehe.

Si tu veux être obliger de payer pour changer des pistons ou un crank ben achete toi un STi !

Depuis un bout de temps je cherche exactement le char que tu recherche. Je veux remplacé mon mini S pour quelque chose d'un peu plus puissant. Je veux un daily driver plaisant à conduire(très) et possiblement encore sous garantie. Je m'enlignais sur un STi 08+ mais je me suis tellement découragé avec toute les moteurs sauté, j'ai un ami qui travail dans un concessionnaire subaru et il me dit que c'est l'enfer comment il y en a qui saute. En attendant car je ne suis pas capable de me branché, j'ai finalement acheté un evo jdm pour l'hiver et entreposé le mini.

Voici une liste de véhicules potentiel mais malheureusement il y en a aucun de parfait.

FWD :
Cooper S : C'est mon véhicule présentement, c'est SUPER plaisant à conduire de loin le char le plus go kart de tout la gang. Par contre un peu trop juste sur la puissance.
GTi : Pas mal dans le même genre que la mini S par contre je la trouve un peu plus smooth et confortable que mon mini. Encore la, la puissance est juste.
civic si : Plaisant à faire viré 8000rpm ! Mais je n'ai pas asser aimé pour changé mon mini pour ça.

AWD :
EVO 8-9-10 : J'ai un ami qui avait un evo 9 mr se. J'aimais bien l'auto puissance, look etc. Le seul aspect que je détestais c'est l'intérieur qui ressemble a l'intérieur de mon evo jdm... J'ai essayé aussi un evo x gsr, J'ai aimé tout sauf l'intérieur et aussi le fait qu'elle sont très cher payé pour ce quelle offre comparativement au STi.
R32 : Belle voiture, mais manque de power.
335xi : Plaisir de conduite BMW, mais pas assé sport à mon gout. Mais pourrais faire un très bon compris à cause du AWD.

RWD
335i : Plaisir de conduite BMW, mais pas assé sport à mon gout.
M3 E46 : Je dois en essayer un mais je suis confiant que sa répondra à mes attentes ! Du moins celle pour l'été.
135i : Je ne l'ai pas essayer elle non plus, par contre je m'attend à une auto plus sport que la 335i/xi

À part ces autos la je ne trouve pas d'autres modèles qui pourraient rejoindre tes besoins.

Back