Wikipedia Ditching GoDaddy Over SOPA

alexs464

This is actually a great idea an a call to action. I think I will be moving my 50+ domain names AWAY from GoDaddy as well. I know SOPA is the USA thing but unfortunately our governments are a little too close...

Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales announced that domain names belonging to Wikipedia and Wikia would be transferred off of GoDaddy, an Internet domain registrar, to protest GoDaddy's support for the proposed Stop Online Piracy Act, a controversial anti-piracy bill under consideration by Congress.

...GoDaddy has lost more than 37,000 domains in total. Other companies that have joined in the exodus include the Cheezburger Network, which runs popular sites such as FAIL Blog, Failbook and I Can Has Cheezburger...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/26/wikipedia-godaddy-sopa_n_1170034.html

Je suis d'accord qu'il l'on fait seulement a cause de leur perte de client; je voulais tous simplement laisser tout le monde savoir qu'il ne le support plus.

Tout ce qui vise à limiter ou censurer l'internet est à dénoncer. SOPA est un crime contre la liberté que procure l'internet et il faut se rappeler que, même si cela ne concerne que les USA pour l'instant, il aura des répercutions graves sur l'ensemble de la collectivité web. En plus qu'on a Harper qui est un petit chien de poche des USA.....

Tant mieux que le monde quitte GoDaddy....

Un lien intéressant concernant l'affaire GoDaddy : http://godaddyboycott.org/

MR is with Godaddy lol. I'd love to protest but I don't want to start screwing around with registering domains. Next thing you know I'm gonna loose the domain.

MR is with Godaddy lol. I'd love to protest but I don't want to start screwing around with registering domains. Next thing you know I'm gonna loose the domain.

you open an account on another hosting website, transfer the domain over to the new one. i think there's a transfer fee but there's a bunch of coupon codes floating around to help save money.

Back