Need help finding my Mom an SUV. MAX 550/month before tax. Has to be leasable & new

Crossover = useless crap like the Crosstour, ZDX, Venza, X6, EX35 and such
SUV = simili 4x4 destined to climb sidewalks and carry the grocery
4x4 = a 4x4 able to handle heavy duty work and off road

Crossover = useless crap like the Crosstour, ZDX, Venza, X6, EX35 and such
SUV = simili 4x4 destined to climb sidewalks and carry the grocery
4x4 = a 4x4 able to handle heavy duty work and off road

Mais pour faire ça simple, il y a les 4x4 et les crossover, parce que les suv ( selon ta définition ) sont la même chose qu'un crossover à part pour le look.

http://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/build-price/hig#models-options

says 473$/month for lease on the 4wd model

:dunno:

you put a base 4cyl FWD 180hp pulling what looks like a 4000lbs vehicule. This vehicule is v6 or nothing. Also and maybe this is just me but if was buying a brand new car, I would want some more modern things. Bluetooth link , aux In for my ipod. Power rear door, ...for a mom in a car of this size also a rear backing camera.
For all that you need the v6 model
still it comes out to 650 tax in, the leather and navi is 730 or something

so if 650 is in the budget then this is a good pick*tu*

korean cars are still made like crap... plus failWD

INB4"TheyAreBuiltLikeJapaneseCarsNow"BullShit. A bunch of people in my familly have believed this lie and went out to buy 2011 and 2012 kia's and hyundai's. They are all still unreliable garbage. My step dad's 2012 elentra has 3500km, the alternator has trouble coping with all the equipment, the 6 speed is flimsy, and the valve train sounds like a friggen tdi (oil level fine, & dealer says it's normal).

INB4"TheyAreBuiltLikeJapaneseCarsNow"BullShit. A bunch of people in my familly have believed this lie and went out to buy 2011 and 2012 kia's and hyundai's. They are all still unreliable garbage. My step dad's 2012 elentra has 3500km, the alternator has trouble coping with all the equipment, the 6 speed is flimsy, and the valve train sounds like a friggen tdi (oil level fine, & dealer says it's normal).

Ton récit est tout le contraire du 3/4 des proprio des nouveaux véhicules Hyundai/Kia...lol

En passant c'est pas pour rien que le Santa Fe est le VUS importé le plus vendu

I gave you a good alternative example of your argument to prove your point is invalid. I see no sufficient comeback. good day sir, enjoy your cheap disposable cars

you put a base 4cyl FWD 180hp pulling what looks like a 4000lbs vehicule. This vehicule is v6 or nothing. Also and maybe this is just me but if was buying a brand new car, I would want some more modern things. Bluetooth link , aux In for my ipod. Power rear door, ...for a mom in a car of this size also a rear backing camera.
For all that you need the v6 model
still it comes out to 650 tax in, the leather and navi is 730 or something

so if 650 is in the budget then this is a good pick*tu*

See original post.

Maximum lease payment: 550$ + TX
the 4WD V6 highlander with Leather Package comes in @ 561/ month + TX and the standard @ 518$+TX.
this is for a 4 years lease.
If she's willing to go for a 5 years lease, then she can get the the 4WD V6 + Sport package @ 522$ + TX. (sunroof, leather, etc.)

One of my coworker has one of these (fully equipped, NAV etc.) and it's really nice to drive. it's comfy and the the ride is smooth.

Hyundai Santa Fe or Kia Sorento

I like your idea, but I'd go with the Sorento before the Santa Fe. HYundai's product has no direct injection if you go with the 4 cylinder and will get refreshed during 2012, which means that you can either het a great deal on it, but have a product that is a little bid behind other technology and look wise.

A 2012 Sorento EX Luxury leased for 60 months is $562.94 with delivery and destination charges and before taxes. This means a little dealing at the dealership can get her at the 550 she wants for and get a shitload of options :

18" alloy wheels (2 styles)
Leather seats with ventilated, 8-way power adjustable, heated and ventilated driver's seat
Dual-zone fully automatic temperature control
push button start
10-speaker stereo system (including front centre speaker, sub-woofer and external amp)
Heated steering wheel
Rearview camera
3.5-litre, 276-horsepower V6
6-speed automatic transmission
AWD

To me, that's a hell of a deal, especially since I drove the Sorento and really loved everything about it. And tha waranty should cover pretty much the leasing period is she's afraid of reliability (5-year/100,000 km).

Tell your mom to try it, I'm sure she'll love it.

And to those saying Kia and Hyundai are still making POS vehicles, shame on you, you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Consumer Reports ranks HYundai and 11th and 12th in their 2011 reliability study.

That's better than Volkswagen, BMW, the entire Chrysler Group, Audi, MINI, GM, Mercedes-Benz and Porsche.

However, Scion, Lexus, Toyota, Honda, Acura and Mazda and Nissan finished before.

This means they're not the best in the industry, but certainly not the worst, so calling the Koreans out for their crap products is unjustified in 2012. It was not the case in 2006, but times have changed.

But no one of those brands give consumers more for their money as much as Hyundai/Kia.

I rest my case.

EDIT : Ho and by the way, any car company can build a lemon once in a while, so maybe the two exemples you just presented do not represent the ultimate thruth.

Consumer Reports ranks HYundai and 11th and 12th in their 2011 reliability study.

That's better than Volkswagen, BMW, the entire Chrysler Group, Audi, MINI, GM, Mercedes-Benz and Porsche.

However, Scion, Lexus, Toyota, Honda, Acura and Mazda and Nissan finished before.

This means they're not the best in the industry, but certainly not the worst, so calling the Koreans out for their crap products is unjustified in 2012. It was not the case in 2006, but times have changed.

But no one of those brands give consumers more for their money as much as Hyundai/Kia.

I rest my case.

EDIT : Ho and by the way, any car company can build a lemon once in a while, so maybe the two exemples you just presented do not represent the ultimate thruth.

Exactly

le seul probleme de hyundai/kia qui n'est pas réglé,c'est la valeur de revente qui chute plus vite que qu'un viel avion russe qui vole en sibérie!

ca vas prendre des années avans que la valeur de revente soit équivalente a un japonais,mais ce n'est pas un probléme dans ce cas ci parce qu'on parle d'un location

Personnellement j'opterais pour le rogue,les femmes l'adorent et il est disponible avec une caméra de recul,c'est parfait pour ta mère! :)

le seul probleme de hyundai/kia qui n'est pas réglé,c'est la valeur de revente qui chute plus vite que qu'un viel avion russe qui vole en sibérie!

ca vas prendre des années avans que la valeur de revente soit équivalente a un japonais,mais ce n'est pas un probléme dans ce cas ci parce qu'on parle d'un location

Personnellement j'opterais pour le rogue,les femmes l'adorent et il est disponible avec une caméra de recul,c'est parfait pour ta mère! :)

Bah garde, c'est pas uniquement Hyundai qui est dans cette situation (qui va se regler d'ici quelque temps)...Exemple encore plus pire, BMW sa coute plus cher et sa vaut pas grand chose dans le used par rapport au prix d'achat, donc au prix qui va avoir payé son Hyundai/KIA, je pense pas sa va changer de quoi, surtout si c'est pour du long terme, ou dans le cas présent une location ....

Back