Need help finding my Mom an SUV. MAX 550/month before tax. Has to be leasable & new

Bah garde, c'est pas uniquement Hyundai qui est dans cette situation (qui va se regler d'ici quelque temps)...Exemple encore plus pire, BMW sa coute plus cher et sa vaut pas grand chose dans le used par rapport au prix d'achat, donc au prix qui va avoir payé son Hyundai/KIA, je pense pas sa va changer de quoi, surtout si c'est pour du long terme, ou dans le cas présent une location ....
J'ai déja spécifié que dans ce cas si,le plus grand défaut ne s'applique pas a cause que c'est une location.....et les voitures de luxes ont toujours dépréciée rapidement,c'est comme ca depuis toujours!

does she want a 48 month lease or a 60 month lease? This makes a pretty big difference in pricing. Typical leases are 48 months

Also, I would not lease a Hyundai or Kia product because their lease rates and residual values are really bad. She would be better off just buying them. Same for Ford and GM.

For leasing she should look at the CR-V, Forester, Rav-4 maybe Highlander (if she needs bigger) basically cars with high residual values.

U should also clarify if she needs an SUV in the classic sense of the word (truck based 4X4). If that's that's the case I don;t think her budget is big enough.

U should also clarify if she needs an SUV in the classic sense of the word (truck based 4X4). If that's that's the case I don;t think her budget is big enough.

Well, I take this back.

A base model 2012 4Runner is 626 tax in on 48 months. 585 for a 2011 (and the year doesn;t matter really that much on a lease given it's the same generation) so both definitely within the 550 + tx budget.

nissan cube.
dodge journey 2WD.

seriously, if you put 550$ but no duration, what exactly do you expect back?

and if we assume it's over 5 years, no, you can't really get anything that's "not a crossover". 550$ over 5 years is only 33k @ 0%. that's... after tax accord money. maybe you can pull off a CRV or highlander with nothing on it, but that's just barely.

Last edited:
She is looking for a new car, not a used. The ONLY place she should look for is at a CAR DEALERSHIP. Check GM, Toyota, Nissan, Ford and Dodge. That is about it.

If you want opinions, that is one thing, but please don't put a question in a thread that you have xxx budget and are looking for a new car. I think there is a total of 10 members who work at an actual dealership. You mom is going to have to go to the dealership ANYWAY to buy the damn thing.

wow, that is quite cheap for an EX35 with Journey package, not sure how they got it but it;s a hell of a deal. If she didn't need the space she should definitely get that

Back