News: Toyota Prius Race Car Revealed

2NDGENTEG

Legacy Member
_MG_1705.JPG

Racing a Prius might sound like the start of a joke, until you see this. Unveiled at the Tokyo Auto Salon in Japan, this Toyota Prius is fully prepped and sporting its race livery. Significantly wider and lower than a factor model, this Prius is designed to compete in Japan’s Super GT racing series starting this year.

Regulations in the series are loose, so there’s little left of the original Prius here, although the original’s sleek aerodynamic shape is still obvious. Also of note is that the car appears to retain a hybrid drivetrain with the Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive logo on the back. Another hint is the massive sponsorship by Panasonic, which supplies the batteries for the road car.

Exactly how this hybrid racer will do remains to be seen and we’ll have to wait for the first round of the Super GT series in March to find out.

See all the photos of the Prius Race Car here

http://www.auto123.com/fr/course-au...te-la-version-course-de-la-prius?artid=139612

Toyota a dévoilé la Prius qu’elle utilisera prochainement pour participer au Super GT japonais en catégorie GT300.

Le Super GT peut être comparé au DTM allemand, ou au Grand-Am américain.

If the Prius would look like that, they wouldn't be able to supply enough for the market :D Hybrid or not

That Prius as as much in commom with a production Prius as a Nextel Cup Camry has in common with a production Camry.

And a JGTC GT-R doesn't have more in common with an OEM one, but everyone jizzes on it.

on the other hand, no one is jizzing over a pushrod V8 4 speed manual with Camry decals, and they aren't more impressed with the stock Camry.

Regardless of the underlying technology or the lack of similarity; I think what was trying to be said was that the LOOK of the car is amazing, the styling cue.

Cars look plain, they look old fashion.... there is 'wow' factor to the look of the car.

If the dealerships offered -- for a premum of course -- to have the cars look like their racing counter parts -- not crazy like the Super GT cars... but like the LeMans, or WTCC, or Grand-Am. I might not take the car onto the track, and the car doesn't have to handle like a race car, but you bet that I would sway towards buying a car that looked 'Cool'.

Back