Head-Up display in your snow/ski goggles by Recon and Smith (SICK!)

ViSoR

Legacy Member
smith-optics-recon-instruments-00.jpg

When its a life and death duel at a speed of 2000 feet per second, real-time situational awareness is crucial to your survivability. This is the reason fighter pilots have long rely on the head-up display in their cockpits to give them all crucial information without impeding their 360-degree perspicacity of the battlefield. Thanks to Recon Instruments and Smith Optics, you can now visualize essential data points on the slope as well. Embedded within the Smith Optics I/O Goggle, Recon Instruments MOD transceiver wirelessly connect with the Smartphone you carry and display real-time information such as text, emails, videos, weather conditions, and more on directly onto your field of vision as an in-lens LCD. You can even pull-up the GPS locator function to track your buddies, that is when you’re not dodging the local ski patrol.

http://www.freshnessmag.com/2012/01/20/recon-instruments-x-smith-optics-io-goggle-with-head-up-display-video/

Cool gadget! *tu*

not sure if precise...

gps tracking, cant really get more precise than this

Mountain equipment coop sells the module for 420$ ( does not include the googles I think)

to the poster below me: woah, if what you are saying is true, thats borderline false advertising they are doing... I'd be pretty pissed buying " real time speedometer" and realise that it has 10 seconds delay

Last edited:
nothing new

X2. this came out in 2009-2010

Apparently, the whole thing is pretty shitty. Your speed and all is not real time. Meaning that when you look down at the screen, its the speed you were going a few seconds ago. All the info that can be processed is from 5-10 seconds ago.

Not to sound corny but doesn't it take away a part of ''purity'' that skiing/snowboarding should give you ? Especially when riding backcountry

nothing new

X2. this came out in 2009-2010

Apparently, the whole thing is pretty shitty. Your speed and all is not real time. Meaning that when you look down at the screen, its the speed you were going a few seconds ago. All the info that can be processed is from 5-10 seconds ago.

welcome to 2010

More than one captain obvious in this thread! ;)
The last video I posted was from Jan 2011 but the first ones were added to youtube in Dec 2011 so maybe it's the new functions that are recent. I had never heard of this, I think it's a cool thing but rather useless for riding in QC.

Recon Instruments

Hi everybody, I work for Recon Instruments and wanted to clear up any misconceptions. Tip-c & Tweker, our speedometer is absolutely accurate our technology provides real-time performance data. Our Micro Optics Display is designed to be completely unobtrusive and not distracting. Glancing down to the bottom right you can view all sorts of real-time data like speed, jump height, air time, distance, temperature, chrono, etc. You really have to see it in person and I assure you that you'll be amazed.

I invite you to visit our website to learn more or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter

thanks!

Hi everybody, I work for Recon Instruments and wanted to clear up any misconceptions. Tip-c & Tweker, our speedometer is absolutely accurate our technology provides real-time performance data. Our Micro Optics Display is designed to be completely unobtrusive and not distracting. Glancing down to the bottom right you can view all sorts of real-time data like speed, jump height, air time, distance, temperature, chrono, etc. You really have to see it in person and I assure you that you'll be amazed.

I invite you to visit our website to learn more or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter

thanks!

That's not what I hear from people who have purchased your product.

Back