$3500, what do you buy?

HeadBanger

MR staff member
I'm in the market right now for another vehicle.

It's going to be a daily driver for this summer (maybe winter if my sunfire dies) and something to have fun with at the same time.
The only things that really come to mind for me are S13s and FC RX-7s.

Budget is $3500, maybe a bit more if I really like the vehicle.
Has to be standard, and in good/decent shape, not looking for a project. Want RWD or AWD.
Don't want something that will cost an arm and a leg to repair/maintain either.

well, i m not gonna say audi cuz ppl gonna start to cry cuz its cost to much for maintenance :)

i can say , look for subaru impreza 2.5rs or legacy GT 2000+

Subaru is probably the only alternative for the AWD that doesn't cost too much to repair. (Forester is the most reliable Subaru car and Impreza isn't a bad choice).

RWD ? Mustang have a rather simple and reliable mecanic.

You can have fun with both car. I'd rather go with a Subaru since it is way cheaper on gas and i prefer awd to a rwd car.

Have a look on this list, (dating from few years) but it gives an idea of the most reliable cars.

http://www.gizmag.com/the-100-most-reliable-cars-of-the-last-decade-in-order/5657/

I'm in the same boat for the summer, looking for something around that price range as well. I'm thinking 4cyl Ranger or S10, but I don't know if you want a truck.

a 3500$ j'oublierais la Mustang... tu trouveras jamais une 5.0 clean a ce prix la
tu devrais monter ton prix un peu car tu veux gros pour peu

i'd love to have a $5000+ budget, but that's not happening right now. gotta work with $3500ish. and i don't think i'm asking too much. i just don't want to buy something that's falling apart. at that point i'd just put ~$1000 into my sunfire for it to run 100% instead of running at 85%

not sure on a truck. the thing is if i want to have fun with a truck i'd need to go off roading, and breaking shit will be inevitable and costly

3500$, j'suis sur tu peux trouver des Civic Si (mais c'est pas AWD/RWD), vieilles Subaru, vieux char américain RWD...

tu peux aussi avoir un P71 Crown Victoria... c'est pas manuel, mais c'est RWD, V8, super le fun en hiver et en été vu son LSD... et étonnamment sportif
... mais surtout, HYPER solide et facile a entretenir a faible cout
une RX7 va falloir tu te traine un 2e moteur en backup pis les S13 vont etre pourries a grandeur

funny thing is i've found a clean rx7 with an extra motor for my price range, and a few of my friends have some and they don't really have any more problems than a normal car when you take age into consideration. i've also found a couple clean S13s. amazing the winter deals you can get. i've though about the P71 for a long time. trust me. i've even said to myself i should get one and do a tranny swap. but i just don't see that being worth the money

selling the sunfire would give me $500 if i'm lucky, so i'm just driving it till the motor blows more or less

u could wait a year and gather up more money, cause to be honest at that price its prolly going to be a money pit!!!! Maybe a 94-98 3.8l mustang but high kms.....p71 might be ur best bet!!! Fucking bulletproof!!!

tu peux trouver des civic SI swapé avec conversion de freins de type-r des bancs recaro pis des gogosse pour 3500$

cherche un peu. mais c'est pas awd ni rwd

I was in your place like 7 years ago with a sunfire and wanted something like what you want, you won't get it, 3500 is not enough for anything like what your looking for, I ended up with a 99 civic coupe which I spent 3 years modding and turboing etc. was a really fun car I miss it a lot, I suggest something similar because at 3500 the rwd/awd options will be a falling apart POS that will cost money and you won't have fond memories of, later on in a couple years or something get yourself 7-8k maybe more maybe a bit less and go for the next step

une idée comme ça (j'en ai jamais eu alors je peux pas conseiller) mais il y a des bmw E36 dans tes prix

Back