Your opinion on motorcycle lane splitting

Your opinion on motorcycle lane splitting

• Total voters
J'en fais pas parce que j'ai peur des tickets... sinon je le ferais. Ca dégage un VR de la circulation sans causer aucun mal a personne.

You have to check you mirrors when you are about to change lane, not 10 seconds before, you're the retard. I agree that it will cause accidents, but it'sthe biker's responsability to lane split or not, and it won't be his fault imo.

Pour une fois que j'suis d'accord avec toi :p

I'd do it all the time if I had a bike. Everybody in Europe does it, it is legal there, their traffic is a lot denser than ours and people are still alive.

not to mention tighter roads!

I think this is a perk to owning a bike anyways: speed, fuel economy, badassness, lane splitting(fast commute) only downside is zero safety but its a good toss up! I would like to get one one day *tu*

i drive a bike, and i NEVER do that.
I only do that when some cars are parallel parked and i'm turning on a street up ahead, so i'd be going between parked cars and cars that are stuck in traffic. never ever while they are moving.

The reason i don't is more for safety, I can just image someone not seeing me and doing something stupid.
#1 rule of driving a motorcycle is to drive as if no one sees you coming.

However, i don't mind when i see other motorcycles doing this. (one of the few things i don't do that i don't mind if others do).

i drive a bike, and i NEVER do that.
I only do that when some cars are parallel parked and i'm turning on a street up ahead, so i'd be going between parked cars and cars that are stuck in traffic. never ever while they are moving.

The reason i don't is more for safety, I can just image someone not seeing me and doing something stupid.
#1 rule of driving a motorcycle is to drive as if no one sees you coming.

However, i don't mind when i see other motorcycles doing this. (one of the few things i don't do that i don't mind if others do).

Le but est de lanesplitter alors que la circulation est pratiquement arrêtée et non lorsque ça circule.

you lane split when traffic is at a standstill!

i never lane split above 20kmh maybe less, there's no point anything higher. i've had people try to block me off while i was lane splitting. a quick little counter steer and a hard closed fist to the window or door does the trick.

You have to check you mirrors when you are about to change lane, not 10 seconds before, you're the retard. I agree that it will cause accidents, but it'sthe biker's responsability to lane split or not, and it won't be his fault imo.

Sadly, not everyone is a super-duper-good-A1-blank record like everyone here (sarcasm).

The truth is that it'll cause more accidents and that's why it'll never be legal.
It's unsafe for the bikers.

if traffic is under 20kmh, I do it. Never had anyone block me off because it makes sense to do it when I do.

I'm mad jelly when I'm in my cage though.

i always do it when traffic is at a stand still.... very carefully and if someone pisses me off well a fist to the window or ripping the mirror off always works..
and if it is a stand still how is a cop going to catch you?
we pay higher plates.. we should have the right to do so !

je deteste tellement les cagers qui essaient de bloquer un bike qui lanesplit.. j'en ai deja vu un dans le traffic sur la 640 pour aller a la plage d'oka le matin quand ca avance pas la.. le bike passait sur l'acotement, avait une passagere et le bonhomme dans la voie de droite essaye dy couper le chemin a derniere seconde... j'etais a coter de lui et pendant 15 min de traffic moi et mon ami on lui criait apres et a la fin il s'excusait mais quand meme.

Tout le monde devient fou dans le traffic mais de laisser passer un bike? ca change quoi? ca fait moin de traffic c'est tout.

When I fly at 300km/h on my bike, I see only one wide lane and cars that I pass look like mosquitos in my mirrors.

we pay higher plates for:

A) lane split
B) run from cops on the highway easily
C) park ANYWHERE, even on sidewalks never got a ticket
D) get all dem bitchez cuz dem bitchez love dem bikez
E) ridin' > drivin' just sayin'

jsuis pour mais les Québecois en général conduisent tellement mal que j'aurais peur de le faire si je conduisais une moto..

jsuis pour mais les Québecois en général conduisent tellement mal que j'aurais peur de le faire si je conduisais une moto..[/QUOTE]

quand on enfourche la bécane, nos couilles deviennent plus grosses.

Mais oui, c'est à faire avec précaution.

I have absolutely no problem with bikes lane splitting except when certain retards fuckin' RIP it past everyone instead of doing it tactfully. If a car changes lanes it's not the person driving the car who's getting injured.

I love it. Why? one of these days one of these fucktards will scrape the whole side of my car. I'll claim a brand new paintjob.
I'lll love it even more if the guy breaks his leg doing it.

In europe, the numbers of bike justify the need for lane splitting. Here, bikes are a pretty rare sight in traffic, so allowing them to drive between cars will more than likely take people by surprise.
All of this so that a few people get to work a little earlier? meh... not worth it.

And most of the times, when I do see bikes skipping traffic, they do it on the hard shoulder. Safer for them I suppose, but then any car would also fit in the hard shoulder, so it kind of defeats the purpose...

J'ai pas de moto, mais quand je me fait "lanesplitter" par une moto (et ça m'est arrivé juste dans le traffic très dense, à l'arrêt) ça me dérange pas pentoute, je suis un peu jaloux mais je me dit qu'ils font bin. Quand je vois des chars les bloquer je les trouve cave en criss. Une fois un char quia essayé de bloquer une moto s'est retrouvé de biais dans l'accotement, 5 min après ça avait pas bougé d'un pied pi la police arrive dans l'accotement et elle pouvait pas passer a cause de lui...il avait l'air d'un bel épais.

Back