How would you rate Radio in Montreal

how would you rate Montreal radio stations? (10=best, 1= da poopoo)

Votes: 40 42.6%

Votes: 10 10.6%

Votes: 14 14.9%

Votes: 7 7.4%

Votes: 8 8.5%

Votes: 5 5.3%

Votes: 7 7.4%

Votes: 2 2.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

sspikey

Legacy Member
For the first time last in a very long time(phone was almost dead and left my charger home), I decided to turn on the radio for a rather long drive and could not believe the level of crap I listening to.

I mean when I go to other cities and travel, often the radio isnt such a disaster and some cities have amazing stations (NYC comes to mind but they also have the huge listening base).

Seriously though I could not believe how repetitive and overall bad the music was. I actually Shazamed a song I found it so bad so I could make friends listen to it (aura Dione Geronimo). So how do you rate our music stations here?

I remember 103.7 was good during hip hop hour and still is along with a few smaller stations at night but thats about it!

in mtl i only listen to chom or 98.5fm and almost all the time its 99.9 but its from vermont

Chom is ok except for mornings and lunch time. 92.5 has some amazing music at weird times (example sunday at 11PM..), other than those weird times it's crap. Every other station is crap as far as I'm concerned (music).

CHOM went down the drain and with COGECO buying up and dumbing down everything, it's not looking good. I still like a bit of CIBL though.

CHOM went down the drain and with COGECO buying up and dumbing down everything, it's not looking good. I still like a bit of CIBL though.

sorry but CHOM is part of Astral ! and it's nice ! since i don't listen to pop music !

correction.. chom jouent les meme osti de tounes depuis 40ans sauf 10 minutes par heure, entre 9-9h30, a 10h45-11h le reste c'est tout pareil... d'la criss de marde des années 70-80

planete jazz is my escaped from the screamo music on all the other stations

thats probably 91.9 or something I caught yesterday
decent jazz and actually on air people that dont sound like I would want to fight them if we ever met on the street.

I still cant believe how bad the morning show people were on virgin radio......

Sirius all day and 800 for morning/evening news and traffic

forgot.. fck the rest with their repetitive play lists of shitty music

Il y a pas grand poste de radio qui sont interessant a montréal malheuresement.....C'est pour sa que j'ai fait le saut du coté de la radio satellite depuis 3 ans

all we have is pop pop pop pop and a bit of rock. how can a metropolis not have a dedicated hip hop station? granted they'd still fuck it by playing billboard bubble gum birdman bullshit, but there would undoubtedly have to be old school theme shows and shows there they would play things worth listening to.

i like talk radio though. sometimes late night 98.5 ain't bad. to hear what goes on in french people's minds. and 990TSN although at night it's syndicate ESPN so that means it becomes fucking nfl/college football radio, but whatever, it's good in general. i still cought myself listening to them talk about joe paterno for 3 straight hours, but hey, any talk is good talk when you blazin n cruisin.

and chom of course. probably the only source for any kind of actual music on the island. and i like their hosts. they can actually go a full half hour rock ride without me having to change the station due to bleeding ears. sure, they have to play nickelback once in a while, but in general, i'm all for their genesis, chicago, zep, floyd, beatles, fleetwood mac, black keys, the hip, neil young and all the indistinguishable 80's one hitters, and corporate rockers. s'all good.

Last edited:
It's shit 0 on 10. No hip hop station and the rest are all owned by the same company which refuses to play anything but Katie perry or Justin bieber. I stream radios through my phone into my car.

all i ever listen to is talk radio (98.5, 95.1, 88.5) or 95.9 during the club mix. I hate everything else.

planete jazz is my escaped from the screamo music on all the other stations

91.9 lounge nights,
92.5 afterhours,
98.5 morning news,
99.9 80's rock.

I don't have an auxiliary and is to cheap to buy / rip cd's.

And I despise MC Mario.

Back