How would you rate Radio in Montreal

how would you rate Montreal radio stations? (10=best, 1= da poopoo)

Votes: 40 42.6%

Votes: 10 10.6%

Votes: 14 14.9%

Votes: 7 7.4%

Votes: 8 8.5%

Votes: 5 5.3%

Votes: 7 7.4%

Votes: 2 2.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
94,7 HITS c'etait bon avant mais dernierement la musique a pris un drop et c'est assez mauvais.

blame the shit that passes for 'hits' and you have your reason. although any music that millions and millions of people like, is usually shitty by default, because in order to cater to that many people, it has to be generic, soulless, and shitty for all the generic, soulless and shitty people who have never really "felt" any real music in their lowly existence, and who think it's just something to hum to and have play in the background, and dance to in clubs. the same people who say "that song is so old why are you listening to that anymore" as if it were a fucking fashion, like a pair of goddamn shoes. real music is timeless, real music also no longer finds listeners anymore, you have to make an effort to look for it these days, which is sad.

you don't even need to put an album together anymore. you just need 2-3 good songs. the rest is filler that no one will hear because people will only download your 2-3 catchy (relevant) songs and no one will ever sensibly consider buying the physical album to discover your other trash (because deep down they know your album is trash and that they have terrible taste as a music lover). i think many performers (that's all i can call them; they're not artists, they are not musicians, they are talentless hacks, computer corrected immitators singing words written by a professional songwriter who was commissioned to pretend they feel a certain way while writing a song for X blonde cunt singer of the week), are in fact counting on that not to happen. the whole concept of an album as a whole is lost on this generation. there used to be a thought process and a lot of effort, to create a tone, or a theme, a common vibe through an album's complete play. from begining to end, you start off, build up, climax, plateau and come down. by selecting every song and it's position for a specific reason, it's part of the total package. but no one cares about the total package anymore, no one cares about meaning and context and lyrical value. it seems people can't muster the attention span to be able to appreciate music for what it's purpose in humanity really is, emotion, expression and artistic creativity.

i will never make a fucking mix playlist in my life. and fuck you people with musical ADD. /rant

Last edited:
NRJ c'était meilleur avant, maintenant y a troop de Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga pis des affaires de même, j'écoute juste pour les Grandes Gueules. 98.5 j'écoute ça pour le hockey quand j'ai pas le choix d'être sur la route, y a Virgin Radio l'été qui à de la bonne musique des fois pis Rouge FM la fds y a des hits des 70s et 80s, ça j'aime ça. La plupart du temps par-contre je m'amène un cd ou je branche mon iPod, c'est meilleur pis au moins, y'aura juste des chansons que j'aime...

I really like 99.9. The Buzz has good stuff and they seem to always want to play Nirvana and Red Hot Chili Peppers + Dookie from Green Day. That works for me:D

One thing I can't stand with the rest of the radio stations is how repetitive the songs are...it's not so bad to listen to some pop songs once in a while, but why do they have to play the same thing 5 times a day? Sometimes the same song will be playing simultaneously on 92.5, 94.3, 95.9 and 96.9...and I cannot stand Bruno Mars.

J'écoute surtout Radio Canada 95.1 et CISM 89.3. Parfois 92.5 et 101.5

Je donnerais 6/10.

I gave it a 7, because CHOM has been making a comeback, Buzz is always good, and I honestly love the club mix. Besides that, forget it, I don't even touch the french stations with a 30ft pole, beside 98.5 for hockey games. But If I included all the stations on the air I think we'd need negative numbers.

91.9 when they play lounge is awesome.

Everything else is, on average, utter crap.

Don't just blame our current "pop" songs, blame the anchors. Have you heard what these people talk about on air? I honestly believe anybody who listens to 95.9 is semi retarded.

Chom has potential to be good, it's just a shame that they play the same 20 rock songs all day long (true story).

The Buzz is good when they take requests... And when you get a clear signal. Not consistent enough.

It sucks balls. The music that plays on Swiss radio is infinitely better than the garbage that plays in Montreal.
No censoring, little mainstream garbage, just quality music.

J'écoute 95.1 la première chaine de radio de radio-Canada quand je suis à Montréal. 98.5 le matin avec paul arcand est pas trop pire quand ils disent pas trop de niaiseries.

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus avec Tapatalk

The crtc forces radio stations to play a certain amount of canadian music .... So nickel back it is

97.7 is the only station I listen to at work but it gets really repetitive after a while, I think they really like to play songs by Rush for some odd reason.. however I'd rather hear those songs over and over then lady gaga 10 times in a row elsewhere.

99.9 the buzz is my favorite station however I can't get reception at work, and in the car it really depends on where I'm travelling. Since their internet streaming no longer works in Canada, it's getting to be a real pain in the ass to listen to them.

CHOM jouaient de la bonne musique il y a quelques années, asteur c'est rendu la meme crap que The Buzz, alors j'ai ressorti le Ipod et j'écoute juste pu la radio..

CJAD 800.

When they get a good debate going, it's great for the morning drive in traffic or weekend drive to the country. Much better than the noise on 92.5 or 95.9. 92.5 used to be half decent, since they played a variety. Now they sound exactly like Virgin, losing listeners in the process (with exception for 40 yr old soccer moms in Dodge caravans, quoting every word said by Donna Saker).

If not, I plug in my iPod. Nothing else worthwhile.

5/10.

I agree with everyone that most music they play on the radio these days is total crap.
I usually listen to 92.5 on my way to work but only for the traffic info, not for the music or their lame morning show gags. Once i get the traffic report and decide which bridge to take into the city, I switch to my trusty mp3's for music or stream WTKK Boston Talks from my iphone.

Chom went to shit
95.9 and 94.7 have the worst djs
Team 990 AM is garbage

99.9 the Buzz is awesome but I get horrible reception

My cure is Sirius

Back