Is there a way to get a radio code without paying?

konrad

Hey how's it going?

I just bought a golf city 2009 radio for my 2001 mk4. It didn't come with the code, so I was wondering if there was a way to unlock it without paying 40-50$. I'll give you a case of beer for the trouble if you can get it lol. Pm me if you're interested

Selon VW Canada, les concessionnaires doivent fournir le code sans frais. Si ils veulent te charger, appelle le service à la clientèle.

Hey how's it going?

I just bought a golf city 2009 radio for my 2001 mk4. It didn't come with the code, so I was wondering if there was a way to unlock it without paying 40-50$. I'll give you a case of beer for the trouble if you can get it lol. Pm me if you're interested

For a case of beer i do it..
What's the model number writen on the radio...

thanks for the help! I got the code! The radio works beautiful and I finally have music in my golf haha

+1 pour Arbour et st eustache ses des vrai crosseur il voulais que je me pointe avec l'auto d'origine du radio et la mienne, les 2 sont pas en etat de rouler. lol

HA I got one good story for you guys!

My radio was broken with error code CDC hardware BS! So I was able to buy one from Lespacs. I install it and it request the Radio Code. I chk this thread and I see from you guys (thanks) that its possible to retreive the code for free. I go to Centre-Ville VW and I tell the clerk Dominique bastien that I need the radio code and I know I can get it for free. I give him the Serial number, comes back after a while saying that since its not the original radio he must scan it to retrieve the code inside the radio.. Im like WTF? he charges me 35$...since im not 100% sure about that I take a chance, So while im waiting for them to scan my radio I called Arbour, talked to the dude at service and within 5 minutes he gives me the number and says that he just retrieved it in the VW database. NO SCANNING bla bla bal.

I show the clerk the radio code and ask him to give me back my car cuse he was BS me. He mumbles a story that made no sense and I ended up paying 15$ for nothing.

I cant believe these fukin people!

DONT EVER GO TO VW Centre-ville, clerk is Dominique Bastien and manager Vincent. pass the word about that place! OMG im pissed!

Back