2012 Calabogie Gentleman's GT Race Series AND Calabogie Cup

Dede333 is registered and in!

less than a week until the event!!

Who else is in?!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Weather was awesome and I had lots of fun on the track !
First time doing the short track and found it really fun.

Nice event, keep up the good work !

Glad you made it out and congrats on the podium! Tell all your friends about it for next year!

We have one event left this year guys! Sept 14th, right after the time attack, don't miss you last chance this year for an amazing event!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

catching up here.

Cup weekend, full track, my 2:18 lap. Not sure which one it is, only did two laps anyway because of the vibrations. I bought this set of rubber/wheels used from another track guy, figured they were good to go, but I guess not. Michelin guys rebalanced them for the final. Found a wobbly wheel bearing a couple weeks later so maybe it started here. Looks so ragged, would love another try, i see some time out there, man what a car.

Final Round of the Cup weekend. It rained a little bit. :yikes:

GT Race #5. Qualified 1st 1:18.2 Top 4 all within 1 second, I'm on hoosiers, Richard Michline Slicks, The subaru on Contis, Anthonys tires not sure. Inverted top 4 at the start. Great battle with Richard L mustang. He's behind me most of the race, gets out in front for a while too. Anthonys lotus broke an exhaust, you'll see him pull off a few laps in.

Marios Vid from GT Race #5. Really fun vid to watch, lots going on in mid pack.

Here it is. The vid of my first race. My plan was simple, let the fast cars pass me as soon as possible and try not to hold anybody fighting at the front and second try to keep up as much as possible while remaining safe and most important finish this first race so I can move on to do the next one.

Little did I know my biggest surprise was about 30 minutes into the race, my gas warning light turned on in my dash. I’m going full throttle. Suddenly a feeling of panic starts in my stomach, man I’m going to run out of gas!!?? After a complete lap still at full throttle, I figure I have 3 choices. 1. Keep going at full throttle but I have no idea how many laps I have remaining and looking at the speed which the needle is going down this would mean I will run out of gas and I will have to stall and move to the side and be towed! 2. Just enter the pits and enjoy the rest of the race from the guard rail or 3. Ease off the gas for I don’t know how long and hope for the best.

So I picked 3, hope for the best cause there is no way I don’t finish my first race! No way!

Things of interest during my race: Starting from the pits, the warmup lap and the first 2 laps, then I get into traffic with a Black BMW M3, a Calabogie white Mustang and black Civic. At 7:40 I let the Civic pass, at 9:40 I pass the Civic. At 15:10 I catch up to an orange Dodge, at 16:50 Tony’s 944 Porsche, at 21;20 a Silver Ford in trouble, at 22:20 Ralph’s Race Bmer coming up fast on me. At 24:05 the leaders of the race appear in my rear view mirror. Greg’s Black Corvette, Richard’s Red Calabogie Mustang, a Yellow Calabogie Mustang, Erwan Black GTI and Matt White Mustang. At 27:00 the Black Lachute STI. At 24:40 Geoff Red BMW appear in my rear view mirror with Chris Black Bmer on is bumper. At 31:25 the Orange Dodge with Tony’s 944 again and Chris Bmer stuck in traffic. At 32:15 my gas light turns on. At 39:10 the race leaders reappear one last time. Greg’s Vette followed by Richard’s Mustang and that Black Civic again!? 41:50 finally the white flag! 43:15 checkered flag! I wonder, did I loose the third place to that Civic?

PHOTOS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78270052@N03/sets/72157631296917724/

Friday was the last gentlemen's race of the year - and it was a WET one!

I was pretty happy because it meant I finally had a chance to try my rain-grooved R888s that I bought 2 years ago.

Just as I was about to head out for qualifying, I tried my wipers and found out they weren't working (passenger one was too low and getting stuck on the windshield). By the time I removed it, I had missed about 1/2 of the 25 min session.

I head out, and instantly my windshield fogs up to the point where I can BARELY see the track - talk about scary! I come into the pits, dad wipes off my windshield, and it happens again (not as bad though). I do another lap, then come in again. Dad wipes it off and I go back out - do 1 lap and get checkered flagged.... ugh - ended up qualifying last in GT1 with a 1:42.2.

Turns out Jamie was having the same issue - I knew we had to do something.... I found a bottle of armor all, and figured, what have I got to lose? Sprayed it on the windshield, smeared it in a bit, and crossed my fingers.

Race time! now that I have a clear winshield, things are looking better (pun intended). Green flag drops, and I start getting in the groove. Lap after lap I gain on the cars in front - my car, for what seems like the first time this year, is handling AWESOME. I got a quick alignment done friday morning and it seems to have paid off!

Anyways, by the end of the race, I was in 2nd!!! I'd moved through the whole field. My lap times were consistently in the 1:34 +-1 except for a few where I got down to the 1:30s - 12 seconds faster than qualifying!

As Greg did, here's Mario's video - another great compilation!

Here’s my vid of racing in the rain. It’s crazzzzzyyy stuff!

Highlights: Starts in the pits I’m placed before last behind Erwan’s GTI, next to the Chrysler 300 and a Silver Race Car. Once we get the green flag, I see in front 2 Calabogie Mustang, a Silver Porsche 911, Jim’s White Mustang followed by the rest of us. I past the Silver Porsche at 9:36, then we catch up to the Yellow Calabogie Mustang at 11:40, then 2 White Calabogie Mustangs. At 15:40 James’s Yellow S2000 appears in my mirrors for the first time, out for a Sunday cruise, after I catch up to yet another Calabogie Stang, a Dark Blue one this time. After 4 solo laps, Jim’s Mustang appears in the distance at 27:10. At 29:20 Mani’s Silver Ford Taurus with the Black hood appear in my mirrors. Then at 29:40 Shawn’s Black BMW is also in my mirrors behind Jim’s Mustang. At 31:00 yet another Calabogie Mustang, the fifth one, but no its the same Blue one, followed by another fuck, fuck moment. At 33:25 I think Wing still hasn’t found the Tim Horton cause he’s still just going around in circles. I think he needs to take a piss or something cause he’s in a hurry to get there. Lol At 35:40 I come up to a white flag but not signalling a final lap but for a slower car ahead of me. It’s Pat’s Black 300, first of GT2 at that moment, who just spun out and is getting back onto the track for our final 2 laps were yet another Yellow Calabogie Mustang gets in the way at 37:35.

Pictures of the Event: http://www.flickr.com/photos/78270052@N03/7989380406/in/set-72157631542759809/

It was a ton of fun and a great way to end the series. Next stop, Mosport on Oct 8!

Back