West Island yesteryear pics- Updated !

Gregster

Legacy Member
so I've been getting a ton of requests for some pictures I had of the WI back in the 60s. Rather then bumping up an old thread I decided to start a new one. I finally found the pics on an old HD that required time in the freezer to boot up.

40 being built at St-Charles Road

40 being built at St-Johns Road

Fairview Shopping Center circa mid to late 60s. Still one floor, 2nd floor and major renos were done in the late 80s

Highway 40 interchange at St-Johns road. To the left is Fairviews parking lot, right is the former I believe Purina factory. You can see there is NOTHING on Brunswick and LaBrosse

Sources Road looking south boud. To the left we see Sources Shopping Center and to the right that house was standing up until about 13 years ago.

40 Westbound at Morgan

40/Cote de Liesse

Decarie Expressway under construction

Last edited:
Epic post. Seemed so much nicer back then haha

Roads actually look really good too.

Back then Montreal was perfect for the amount of population it had. As MTV pointed out, the roads were so much better because there were so many less cars.

Great pics! Where are these sourced from?

C'est surprenant la vision qu'ils ont eu quand meme. Quand tu check sa, la pluspart des villes sont batit en village avec des petites route. Déja sur les photos les routes sont large et y'a déja des voie de service....

couldn't imagine living in a peaceful place like that...i probably would've stayed in DDO then ;)

More reason to stop having kids and over populate the world!

Its amazing Looking at Beaconsfield from the 40 & Morgan picture, its a big ass forest! I had no Idea soo much development took place here from the 1960's

Really cool post. I love these old pics

I'd like to see pics from street level once development started happening in the late 70s/80s of St-Charles and St-Jeans

Back