Exhaust - Chances of getting stopped

telram

Legacy Member
Guys,

What chance do I have of getting pulled over with my 4" exhaust setup on my Supra? It is loud, and the triple disc clutch is loud too. I'm wondering if I should sacrifice some performance to quiet down the exhaust.

T

I'd say about 57.4%

70db4f_1091984.jpg

Oui 100% de chances. Ça a prit 2 semaines pour que la police me colle avec mon exhaust 3 pouces (qui venait avec le char), j'ai acheté un oem la semaine suivante, le son est quand même agréable avec une downpipe 3 pouces.

100% chance, already that your driving a supra it will turn the cops head towards you, and if he isnt deaf he will definatly know your engine isnt a v12 making that noise lol

Chances of getting stopped actually depend solely on your will to actually stop in the first place :D

Guys,

What chance do I have of getting pulled over with my 4" exhaust setup on my Supra? It is loud, and the triple disc clutch is loud too. I'm wondering if I should sacrifice some performance to quiet down the exhaust.

T

Bro your clearly laying too much pipe. 4 Inch exhaust, really?

I hope you have the power to backup that 4inches exhaust cause if it's not the case... Which I'm pretty sure, a 3" would be just fine..

Now for your question, it's all depands on where you are located and how you drive.... On my car I have a 3" pipe from the turbo to the rear end which split in two 3.5" tips...all I have is a resonator the bring the sound deeper but it's really stupid lound and I didn't got pulled over for 3 years if not more.. But when i drive in the street i don't drive like a retards... Lowshift my turbo barely spooling to keep the noise level okay.

Also if you'r car is loud an apex'i ECV (exhaust control valve) could be a good idea... Cost around 200$ and savec me tones of tickets... Copa here me coming close the exhaust no more sounds then turn around... It pay for itself pretty fast considering one ticket is 150$ and if they decide to piss you off they can send you to inspection...

Tout ceux que je connais avec des exhaust bruyants et/ou large tip ont déjà eu au moins un ticket. Dans mon cas avec le talon j'en avait eu un sur l'autoroute, sur le cruise a 110 avec un auto pas très bruyante (catalyseur oem + 2 résonateur + muffler straight + restriction du turbo qui diminue le bruit) mais le tip chromé de 4 pouces ils l'ont vu de loin....
Avec l'élantra je me suis promené un bout avec le downpipe troué, je ne me suis jamais fait achalé.
Ma blonde avec l'integra s'est promené tout l'hiver avec le muffler oem défoncé, elle c'est pas fait achalé.
Ma conclusion c'est que le look du muffler risque encore plus d'attirer les ennuis que le bruit.

go to supraquebec forums if you want reliable advice. A lot of guys on the club can shim in about their exhaust system, might give you a idea or two

Back