Interior paint.....

Lt_Crazy

I have some plastic trim I want to get painted to match the exterior paint...should I paint or is vinyl wrapping better....??? I just find the charcoal plastic kinda boring looking, so if i add some black accents it would look better.

Anyone know a place that does one or the other???

Thanks
Lt_Crazy

Get the vinyl. I painted all the panels in my last project car and the maintenance/touch ups are not worth it everytime it gets scratched.

I can probably hook you up

How so..??? Pmed.

Get the vinyl. I painted all the panels in my last project car and the maintenance/touch ups are not worth it everytime it gets scratched.

Thats what I was thinking also.....but is the look the same...for some reason I always found that painting looked better.

I don't want to do it myself.....not enough patience!!! this was my last resort!!!

nelsonmx.com

thanks i'll give them a call!!! any comments on these guys.....???? or if anyone has another good place to suggest!!! I don't mind paying for quality and service!!!!

Depends what you want to do i guess, my interior was dark blue. I took each panel out one at a time, washed with soap and water/ let air dry for a day. Then used a scotch brite pad to lightly scuff the surface. Finaly ended with a wipe down with wax/grease remover and tack cloth, then a few coats of black krylon plastic paint.

You should probably use some sort of plastic adhesion promoter before top coating, but I didn't. The spots where I had the most ongoing touch ups were near door panels when seat buckles would hit etc.

After the whole experience, effort, cost of materials etc. I would have been better off trying to source the parts from another car in black.

^^^ well in not looking to paint the whole interior, just some of it to give it a better look!!!

i'll check to gey vinyl done for sure.....maybe carbon fiber....

Back