Lachute, KNS, SwapShop...which to choose?

If your looking for a little price relief? I have years of experience with this model...motor swap,clutches,diagnosis, ect...

Friendly and fast service I guarantee it.

Ryan

^Mario had his GC8 swapped at Swapshop.

maybe he just didnt want to deal with it himself or didnt have the time.
Ive personally seen him do head gaskets and trans swaps on a few subarus. top notch quality service from him all the time

^I've heard only good things about him also.

Love Subaru with a passion, love working on them. Why I went to swap shop instead of doing it myself? No time or place to do it at the time. Swap shop does awesome work and did it in 4 days. So that's that, simple. Swap shop does nice work, very honest guys too. Lachute on the other hand, I've heard not so great things. I'll keep it at that. If you have any questions, send me a PM.

bill-and-ted-excellent-adventure-movie-image-alex-winter-keanu-reeves-01.jpg

June first. It's a done deal. Paid for the motor and everything.

Were did you go finaly? Swapshop right?

I'm looking to get my GC swapped this summer too, what motor/trans combo are you getting, price and what not?

Also, I didn't seem to see anyone talk about Lavotek, I've read good things about them too...

Where did you go finaly? Swapshop right?
I'm looking to get my GC swapped this summer too, what motor/trans combo are you getting, price and what not?
Also, I didn't seem to see anyone talk about Lavotek, I've read good things about them too...

od_man99 said:
I just bought an sti v6 motor with a 4.44 5 speed transmission from the SwapShop.

He doesn't mention the pricing (in this or the MSC thread).
As for Lavotek, probably because it is a more Subaru based shop that the island of Montreal is blind to. But as from his MSC thread, basically only good things from any of the three known subie shops. Sure each one will get its pros and cons, as usual -- just really a matter of pricing and how those cons get corrected.

SwapShop. Version 6 Sti motor and 4.44 Tranny. Entire swap and a bunch of goodies I asked for less than 7k. My tranny and motor will also be recycled so close to 5k I suppose.

Back