Perry Performance Scion FR-S

Alex@VAGMotorsport

Shop Representative
Hey guys,

I'm a proud new owner of a Scion FR-S deep ocean blue. Took possession of the car on friday the 24th of august. My first brand new car, i have parted out my time attack nissan skyline r32 after i had my 1999 honda civic sir stolen.

Buying a new car made me think i wouldn't be spending too much money too quickly on parts.... I was wrong.

1ST week: New Performance Friction Z-rated brake pad and gulf rf800 brake fluid. Bought a new set of wheels which i plastidiped to give it a perfect look IMO. Wheels are Phat Fux Ballzy 17x8 +25 offset plastidipped, i am still running the stock tire this year to see where is going to be the limit of the car with shitty tire.
frsnodrop1.jpg

frsnodrop2.jpg

2ND week:

The saturday following the first week i had the car, i was now at 1591km( which is around 996miles), so i decided to take it for her first drift test

frschangetire.jpg

fr-s.jpg

icar0291.jpg

We also started to prototype a short shifter With BPS(BilletProShop) they stripped my car took measurement and told me to be back in a week to try the first short shifter for the FR-S/BRZ.

Here is the product before bending and once finished/in car. They will make it in a black finished also!

shortshift.jpg

bps1.jpg

bps.jpg

I also had change my transmission and differential oil after my drift night, went with redline mt-90 and redline 75w90 gl5 for the diff. Right away i don't feel the notchyness in the shifter anymore, i am starting too fall even more in love with my car

3RD week:

I received my Injen Intake and my Standard Suspension R9 Time Attack Suspension, with custom spring rate since i am still drifting the car and daily driving it.

The suspension is an upgrade over their R7 Time Attack; the R7 is a full pillowball, topplate adjustable, rebound adjustable, aggressive valving coilovers. The R9 is the same thing but it's beeing inverted. It also comes with some heavy duty link kit!
STDFRS.jpg

R9INVERTED.jpg

One nice thing with Standard suspension system, is that they have a scale on the coilovers so you can put you're car equal left and right easily. This suspension retails for 2500$.

The car as it sits:
canufrs.jpg

canufrs2.jpg

photo.jpg

The injen intake Installation:

INJENINTAKE.jpg

INJENINTAKE2.jpg

INJENINTAKEFINISH.jpg

The Injen intake gives it a nice sound, but i feel like once the headers and exhaust system installed, with a tune it's where i am going to feel the difference. Like we say, you're system can only as good as you're weakest link.

4th Week: Today is the start of the 4th week with the car. I am going to change the Brake pad to a Hawk hp+ because the PFC Z-rated doesn't have enough initial bites, and since i am still running the stock tire i won't put race pads and lock my tires all the time.

Last edited:
Char de fou!

Je l'ai conduite hier, et je réfléchis sérieusement à vendre mon STi 2011 pour aller me chercher ça. Vraiment bien ce que t'as fait avec le char à date Alex!

Manque juste un autre 150 hp de plus :)

Pas pire la différence de grosseur quand on les met côte à côte:
photoblur.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Last edited:
Vraiment nice! Hate que la mienne se personnalise un peu :(

Je devrais suivre mon premier cours de drift sous peu :D

Back