Votes: 5 11.4%
  • HINDUISM

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • SIKKHISM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

achicoute

Banned
I'm atheist but curious to find out what majority of people on MR would vote on and please tell why. For me it would be buddhism because I find it is the only real peaceful religion of the world that has never had any extremists. They adapt to any type of society and their respect is limitless.

Albert Einstein on God and BuddhismReproduced From: www.spaceandmotion.comTheology-Albert Einstein
The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcendpersonal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both thenatural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sensearising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as ameaningful unity. Buddhism answers this description. If there is any

religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be

Buddhism. (
Albert Einstein
)It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, alie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in apersonal God and I have never denied this but have expressed itclearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it isthe unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as ourscience can reveal it. (
Albert Einstein
, 1954) From Albert Einstein:The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman,Princeton University PressScientific research is based on the idea that everything that takesplace is determined by laws of nature, and therefore this holds for theaction of people. For this reason, a research scientist will hardly beinclined to believe that events could be influenced by a prayer, i.e. by awish addressed to a Supernatural Being. (
Albert Einstein
, 1936)Responding to a child who wrote and asked if scientists pray. Source:Albert Einstein: The Human Side, Edited by Helen Dukas and BaneshHoffmannA man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary.Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fearof punishment and hope of reward after death. (
Albert Einstein
,"Religion and Science", New York Times Magazine, 9 November 1930I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, orhas a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can Inor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physicaldeath; let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism, cherish suchthoughts. I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life andwith the awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure of the

existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend aportion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature.(
Albert Einstein
, The World as I See It)

I'd choose Atheism. That's always what I pick in drop down menus, so that's what I choose here.

Religion sickens me.

Voted Buddhism, it definitely makes sense to me.

I'd say I'm pretty much agnostic, I don't believe in anything but there is no way of knowing.

I'm atheist but curious to find out what majority of people on MR would vote on and please tell why. For me it would be buddhism because I find it is the only real peaceful religion of the world that has never had any extremists. They adapt to any type of society and their respect is limitless.

rien de chretien dans tes choix tu ne crois pas au petit jesus qui est mort sur la croix pour te sauver de tes peches ? (ou qqchose dans le genre la)
moi je serais muslim et je suiverais a la lettre la vie du prophete en mariant une enfant de 6 ans mais quand meme aussi attendre qu'elle ai 9 ans pour enfoncer mon zizi dans son pipi

Burma.

I thought you were one of the more intelligent persons on this board. To think any religion is violent is sheer stupidity.

People kill over soccer matches, I guess the team policies are promotion violence. Logic. Fail.

Burma.

I thought you were one of the more intelligent persons on this board. To think any religion is violent is sheer stupidity.

People kill over soccer matches, I guess the team policies are promotion violence. Logic. Fail.

where did you hear buddhist people killing others in burma? They got sent into prisons for no reason.
Buddhists, although clearly professed by the majority of people in Myanmar, have their complaints regarding religious freedom. A political party, the Democratic Karen Buddhist Army, split from the main Karen nationalist movement, the Karen National Union (KNU), after the Buddhists were denied to rebuild and repair the stupas at Manerplaw. The top leadership of the KNU were also dominated by Christians, although roughly 60% of the Karen are Buddhist.

The Payathonzu Temple is built in the Mon style.
Many monks took part in the 2007 Saffron Revolution and were reportedly arrested by government security forces. Some of the leading monks are still detained in various prisons across the country.[5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Burma

I chose Islam so I can have slaves and beat orphans. Also indoctrinating fools to commit acts of violence for me under the auspices of serving Allah sounds appealing. Plus I can have like 30 Wives simultainiously. GO ISLAM!

besides Christianity, you forgot Scientology

I'm definitely very interesting in finding out more about Lord Xenu (or whatever his name is).

Srsly, I don't know enough about Buddhism in order to give a concrete answer, but at 1st glance that's what I'd choose if I'd really have to pick a religion and actually follow traditions. Most are "ok" if you don't take everything in their respective Holy books literally though.

Burma.

Your logic is flawed. Team policies don't include a book telling the team fans how their supposed to behave. Also team policies don't transcend into politics and the laws that govern the state.

Back