Audi S4 B8 - Pros & cons

PassatDub

Bon, j'ai mon STI depuis presqu'un an, donc je commence à penser à mon prochain véhicule.

Même si le fait que la S4 B8 ne soit pas disponible en modèle Avant (et je ne passerai pas d'un STI 2010 à un B7 S4 2008), je souhaite savoir les gains potentiels avec des modifications bolt-on (chip / intake / exhaust, you get the drill).

Pour les propriétaires, je ne détesterait pas avoir votre avis sur la transmission manuelle versus l'automatique, même si mon idée est relativement claire. C'est bien une DSG dans les B8?

Also, how's the SC V6 engine in terms of reliability and gas consumption? Any known problems on the car / drivetrain / etc?

En résumé, j'veux du feeback générale sur eu'l char.

Thanks!

It really comes down to if u like force induction or NA feeling. Both V8 and V6 s/c are fun to drive in terms of fuel consumption there very similar. If u want automatic I suggest the B8 since they have a faster paddle shift then the b7 V8 auto is horrible.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

I will NOT buy a B7. I'm looking for feedback on the B8 S4 with the SC V6 engine.

It really depends on the tune you go with really. I saw a dyno with an apr tune and mill trek exhaust at 361 awhp
And one with a giac and I think an exhaust as well for 404awhp

Impressive

Lol welcome to 2012.. 431 "HP" pour 3500$ :S

GIAC seems the most impressive 91 tune so far.. I would go with whatever you can get locally without shipping
Your ECU.

DSG shift faster but doesn't hold the gears long enough.. MT wins from a roll.. Quarter
Miles goes to the DSG.

DSG seems to hold power better than the manual. Stock clutches dont last long on the 6mt.
You can upgrade to a FX400 with the stock FW.

Pretty reliable in general.there was a waterpump recall on early model. Sports diff are leaking wich is a Comon issue. Some aux rad leaking as well.. General audi stuff likes to break too.. Upper control arm, window regulator..

Also, Audi NA is getting a bit insecure with people buying their car and making them go faster.. They have
Some kind of Columbo scan called TD1 that void your powertrain warranty if you mess with her brain.

Thats about it.. I don't own one but race them pretty often :)
. One thing you might want to consider.. Modifications cost quiet a bit more than a jap econo box.. Wich kinda suck

I wouldn't go as far as spending $3500 for a chip, and I would definitely consider going local with a Giac retailer or Unitronic (not sure if they have a tune for the 3.0L TFSI engine).

Why can't there be a stupid B8 Avant S4 in North America...

I wouldn't go as far as spending $3500 for a chip, and I would definitely consider going local with a Giac retailer or Unitronic (not sure if they have a tune for the 3.0L TFSI engine).

Why can't there be a stupid B8 Avant S4 in North America...

unitronic can make all your dreams come true.

(I can help too... in bed obviously)

Re: Audi S4 B8 - Gains & potentiel de modifications

I'm an Audi s4 b8 owner here.

As for mods, it's potential is there. However I personally don't mod it yet because Audi Canada is a little whacko about it with the td1 issues that could void the warranty.

I have a 2010 6mt... In terms of reliability, I haven't put a cent on it since I got it(other than the regular maintenance)

For the little hiccups, the aux rad yes its not well placed because it's exposed to road debris, the water pump and thermostat affects I believe 2010 models. As for the sport differential leaking issues, it affects 2011.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Being a Subaru STI owner, I'm quite aware of companies being very strict mod-wise (Subaru of Canada being the WORSE company ever - a current 500ml oil consumption over 1000km is considered normal, a simple mod would automatically void the warranty).

I'm just asking. As I already own a 300hp AWD car, I'm looking for a real upgrade when time comes in terms of power...

Well they're not in the same category. The S4 is quiet a bit heavier and much more comfortable. The MMI and the commodities that comes with the car makes it a better daily than the STI.
Nothing is going to fail in your Subaru because there's practically no equipment and or technology. Oh execpt the engine lol ... tic tic tic.. boom.

The V6 in the S4 is underatted, like the N54.. some baseline dyno reported 310 to 320 awhp stock.
Its a nice upgrade compared to your STI but probably not as rewarding as a driver's car.

depends what your looking for, STI were cool when I was 22. Not sure I would like to pick up clients from the airport in one.

edit: OTS tune go for 1300-1800 for a fully loaded ECU not 3500$
Ive head some company are working on a piggy back solution for the new siemens ecu. Nothing confirmed tho

Audi S4 B8 - Gains & potentiel de modifications

Garde la STI et garde l'argent pour la propriété sur le bord de l'eau et le bateau de wake! :p

Apparently, Audi is considering bringing the B8 Avant RS4 to North America (as per Kelly Slater's Instagram, I know, not a reliable source ;) ). This is more like it as I'm definitely looking for an Avant.

And I do not need a ride to carry clients around. However, I'm somewhat tired of the lack of refinement from the STI.

ViSoR, les plans pour la maison sur le bord de l'eau que je pensais flipper (mais conserver) sont en hold... pour l'instant. Anyway, je vais garder la STI pour quelques temps...

I find the RS4 B8 isn't so appealing in terms of the engine department... I'd rather go with an S6 or S7... (4.0TT sounds very yummy). :)

I find the RS4 B8 isn't so appealing in terms of the engine department... I'd rather go with an S6 or S7... (4.0TT sounds very yummy). :)

TT as in Twin Turbo?

the N/A highrev V8 is not Audi's best engine ever, and especially not when being force inducted. Just thought you'd want to know.

EDIT: I was talking about the 4.2 there. Sorry.

Last edited:
Re: Audi S4 B8 - Gains & potentiel de modifications

The new 4.0 twin turbo engine is a v8 and so far it seems rather appealing.

I don't know if you were referring to that one and not the N/A.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Back