Auto Insurance

youngburk87

If someone from the US drives my car does my insurance cover that person, or would that person need insurance on his/her car to be covered?

I guess his insurance should cover him.

If you drive my car, is your insurance that covers you in case of accident, not my insurance.

I guess his insurance should cover him.

If you drive my car, is your insurance that covers you in case of accident, not my insurance.

Hi,

What if my wife drives my car just occasionally and she does not have an insurance (or a car on her name for that matter)? Does my insurance covers her, or I need to call and put her as a second driver?

Thanks a lot!

Boris

Call and put her as an occasional driver.

However, and someone correct me, but in Canada, I always thought that the insurance was on the car, and not on the driver. That's why, legally, you can have a drivers' license, and drive any registered and insured car, doesn't matter who it belongs to (friend, family member, acquaintance from work, whatever)

Le mot assurrer englobe toute personne qui conduise le vehicule avec ton consentement sont couvert par ton contrat en responsabiliter civile mais seulement si ce conducteur na pas de police dassurance car a ce moment c est ca police dassurance qui va couvrir en responsabiliter civile.La tienne pourrait intervenir si lui a atteind ca limite au contrat.

Hi,

What if my wife drives my car just occasionally and she does not have an insurance (or a car on her name for that matter)? Does my insurance covers her, or I need to call and put her as a second driver?

Thanks a lot!

Boris

Your assurance cover her only on public liability. If she smash your car and she is responasable, you wont have indemnity because shes not mentioned on your contract.

Back