Airplane Thread

If anyone is interested.. You can fly IcelandAir to Paris in May or June for as low as 635$ CDN round trip I used May 21st 2016 to June 4th as dates for fun. You can also pick a an up to 7 day layover in Iceland for no extra charge!

ICE_zpsttdv015k.jpg

Some I took this afternoon

C-FNNU B77W arriving as ACA875 LHR-YUL. The last time I saw this aircraft was at the factory in Everett!
FNNU_zpsh2lcbcwc.jpg

KLM671 B744
KLM_zpsqhsvdbyr.jpg

D-AIGX A343 in Star Alliance livery!! arriving as DLH478 FRA-YUL
LH475_zpspzuc4ajm.jpg

ROU1921 arriving FCO-YUL
rouge_zpsyu5dpfj2.jpg

Fin 453 C-GIUB A321 off 24L heading to YYZ
AC321_zpsvk4vwlru.jpg

Two submissions today:

http://crankyflier.com/2015/09/15/a...up-when-it-sent-the-wrong-airplane-to-hawaii/
File this one under “how the hell did that happen?” On August 31, American sent an A321 from LA to Honolulu that wasn’t allowed to fly that far from land. While I don’t think any passengers were really in any danger, it’s concerning that nobody caught this when there were so many people who could have. American has made some changes to ensure it doesn’t happen again, but that doesn’t lessen the severity of this issue.

The flight from Los Angeles to Honolulu is a long and lonely one. In fact, there is absolutely nothing for 5 hours straight, and that means there’s nowhere to divert if something goes wrong. Engine reliability has become so good over the years that airlines have been able to fly even twin-engine aircraft on long stretches like this with just a few conditions. They have to be ETOPS-certified (which used to mean Extended Twin Engine Operations but now applies to all aircraft), they have to carry special gear, and they have to have a ton of fuel (enough to lose an engine at the exact midpoint and make it all the way back to an airport). This is noted on the nose gear of every American aircraft that has ETOPS.

http://theaviationist.com/2015/09/15/arctic-raptors-air-to-air-photos/

F-22-Code-One-1.jpg

F-22-Code-One-2.jpg

F-22-Code-One-3-706x471.jpg

The ETOPS violation fine will be in the 7 figures. The geardoor isn't the only way to verify as geardoor can be damaged/changed from the parts bin.

I love F-22s!

Le F-22 c'est une joke.

ca bien beau etre le fleuront technologique en matière de chasseur mais l'histoire à prouvé que c'est le nombre qui gagne et non la technologie.

Lui pis le F-23, appart faire roulé l'économie américaines ca sert pas à grand chose.

a Trois-Rivières avant hier, spotté un C17 volé a ultra basse altitude.

sacrament que c'est gros, encore plus impressionnant qu'un Hercule.

je reposterai pas de photo mais voici mes favorits dans l'ordre

AN-225 Myria
SR-71 Black Bird
Chinook
A-10 Thunderbolt II
Mig-25 Foxbat
CH-53 super stallion
Mig-21 Fishbed
Mosquito
BF-109G

ouai ! mais j'ai fait plusieur vols en ''rase motte'' (vol tactique) en Hercule et c'est fou comment c'est quand meme maniable pour sa grosseur. Tsé quand le bout de l'aile est à 10m du sol et que l'avion bakc de gauche à droite en suivant un river bed c'est malade.

PAs un Canadiens, mais le genre de vol qu'on fesais entre les montagnes à l'approche et à la sortie de l'aéroport. +/- 45 minutes à se faire brassé comme des cabochons ! cétait malade.

Le CC-117 lui c'est la cadillac !

Last edited:
Back