Problemes communs sur les Cadillac CTS 3.6 dans les alentours de 2007 a 2010?

theoutsider

Je regardais peut etre pour un cts 3.6 manuel (rare). Je les trouves quand meme interessants..Un peu lourd mais bon...

Le hic c est que mon beau frere en a un et il a de plus en plus de problemes avec....Clutch finie(c est pas sa faute), le moteur semble consommer une demi pinte aux 2000km, le driveshaft et bushings arriere semblent etre problematiques, differentiel a changer...

C est tu des vidanges ou quoi?

They eat timing chains! Actually more like stretch out. GM also had a TSB to reprogram the oil life monitor for lower intervals and Synthetic 5w30 must always be used. I did 2 last summer (Acadia and CTS) that kept getting a bunch of misfire codes.

here is the recall/TSB
Subject: 10287 - Customer Satisfaction Program
Premature Timing Chain Wear - Reprogram ECM

Models: 2007 GMC Acadia, Saturn OUTLOOK
2007-09 Cadillac CTS, SRX, STS
2009 Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia,
Saturn OUTLOOK
Equipped with a HFV6 Engine

To: All GM Dealers

Attention: General Manager, Service Manager, Parts Manager,
Used Vehicle Sales Manager, and Warranty Administrator

General Motors is announcing Customer Satisfaction Program 10287 today. The total number of U.S. vehicles involved is approximately 383,000. Please see the attached bulletin for details.

Due to the availability of the required calibration, this program will be administered in phases. The first phase will include the Cadillac vehicles. You will be notified when the calibration and VINs are being released for the remainder of the vehicles.

Customer Letter Mailing

The customer letter mailing will begin on February 15, 2011, for Cadillac customers.

Global Connect (GWM)

The "Investigate Vehicle History" (GMVIS 2) link on the Global Warranty Management (GWM) application within GlobalConnect will be updated February 9, 2011, with Cadillac VINs.

Campaign Initiation Detail Report (CIDR)

The CIDR will be available February 11, 2011, for the Cadillac vehicles.

END OF MESSAGE

GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message Attachment(s):
10287 bulletin.pdf Acrobat PDF (77.17KB) 10287

CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM
SUBJECT: Premature Timing Chain Wear – Reprogram Engine Control Module
MODELS: 2009 Buick Enclave
2007-2009 Cadillac CTS, SRX, STS
2009 Chevrolet Traverse
2007 GMC Acadia
2009 GMC Acadia
2007 Saturn OUTLOOK
2009 Saturn OUTLOOK
Equipped with HFV6 Engine

Due to the availability of the required calibration, this program is being administered in
phases. This first phase will include the Cadillac vehicles only. You will receive a dealer
message when the calibration and VINs are being released for the remainder of the
vehicles.

THIS PROGRAM IS IN EFFECT UNTIL FEBRUARY 28, 2013.

CONDITION
On certain 2007 model year GMC Acadia; Saturn OUTLOOK; 2007-2009 model year Cadillac
CTS, SRX, STS; 2009 model year Buick Enclave; Chevrolet Traverse; GMC Acadia; and Saturn
OUTLOOK vehicles equipped with a HFV6 engine, under certain driving conditions, and with
extended oil change intervals, the timing chain could wear prematurely and cause the
illumination of the Service Engine Soon light.

CORRECTION
Dealers are to reprogram the engine control module, including the engine oil life monitor.

VEHICLES INVOLVED
Involved are certain 2007 model year GMC Acadia; Saturn OUTLOOK; 2007-2009 model year
Cadillac CTS, SRX, STS; 2009 model year Buick Enclave; Chevrolet Traverse; GMC Acadia;
and Saturn OUTLOOK vehicles equipped with a HFV6 engine
Important: Dealers are to confirm vehicle eligibility prior to beginning repairs by using the
Required Field Actions section in the Global Warranty system.
For dealers with involved vehicles, a listing with involved vehicles containing the complete
vehicle identification number, customer name, and address information has been prepared and
will be provided to US and Canadian dealers through the GM GlobalConnect Recall Reports, or
sent directly to export dealers. Dealers will not have a report available if they have no involved
vehicles currently assigned.

The listing may contain customer names and addresses obtained from Motor Vehicle
Registration Records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other
than follow-up necessary to complete this program is a violation of law in several
states/provinces/countries. Accordingly, you are urged to limit the use of this report to the
follow-up necessary to complete this program.

Dear General Motors Customer:
This notice is sent to inform you that General Motors is conducting a Customer Satisfaction
Program that affects 2007 model year GMC Acadia; Saturn OUTLOOK; 2007-2009 model year
Cadillac CTS, SRX, STS; 2009 model year Buick Enclave; Chevrolet Traverse; GMC Acadia;
and Saturn OUTLOOK vehicles equipped with a V6 engine.

Your vehicle was designed and built to meet GM's high standards for quality and reliability.
However, we have determined that under certain driving conditions, and with extended oil
change intervals, the timing chain could wear prematurely and cause the illumination of the
Service Engine Soon light. Timing chain wear can be affected by the age of the engine oil and
driving conditions.

What We Will Do:
To ensure that your vehicle will not experience this condition, your GM
dealer will change the calibration of the engine control module, including the engine oil life
monitor, which in most cases will recommend more frequent oil changes. This calibration
change will be performed for you at no charge until February 28, 2013.

What You Should Do:
To limit any possible inconvenience, we recommend that you contact
your dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment for this repair.

but according to Twon I'm just a parts changer.

Wow, that sounds great!!... I also just remembered that he changed a coil pack for several misfire codes two months ago...My father in law also has one, his power steering pump blew off coming back from the movie park last summer lol..

Is it me or these cars feel cheap? The CTS looks very unreliable comparing to the BMWs...

Wow, that sounds great!!... I also just remembered that he changed a coil pack for several misfire codes two months ago...My father in law also has one, his power steering pump blew off coming back from the movie park last summer lol..

Is it me or these cars feel cheap? The CTS looks very unreliable comparing to the BMWs...

The CTS has always tried to compete with BMW/Audi but always failed.. Maybe not the CTS-V.. They don't feel cheap,, They are CHEAP

This is why I don't really read reviews by automotive journalists that are parsing the new ATS.. If they couldn't get it right in the past why are they going to get it right in the future?.Then again even the Lexus IS250 has it share of engine issues...

The CTS has always tried to compete with BMW/Audi but always failed.. Maybe not the CTS-V..

This is why I don't really read reviews by automotive journalists that are parsing the new ATS.. If they couldn't get it right in the past why are they going to get it right in the future?.Then again even the Lexus IS250 has it share of engine issues...

where is Eric (dubguyvr6) when you need him..

Thats exactly what I was thinking since the in laws are sold to cadillac...I chose to stfu because I didnt wanted to start wars in the familly lol, but the three times I rode in those two cts it felt strange. Just like someone wanted to sell me a rwd malibu lol..

I was looking at this model since theyre not that expensive but I felt the need to double check with other people about the feeling cadillacs give you. Theyre supposed to be entry level luxury cars after all, not that its a big deal but...these were selling for 40-50ks..!!! I think id rather get a 328 or even a freaking 323..

I've owned a cts-v for a short period of time, it did have driveshaft issues but it was the best car I had ever driven except maybe the E46 M3.

Greg: Never heard of issues with the is250, you have seen them with blown motors??

That's weird, I'm not sure how you can get premature timing chain wear unless people are booting the shit out of their vehicules or not doing the proper maintenance? I had nothing but cars with timming chains to avoid these problems and it's worked so far as I never changed anything related to that lol. Anyways faut en prendre et en laisser mon voisin a eu une Acura TL pendant 4 ans et n'a jamais eu de probleme il a ensuite changé pour une BMW 323 flambant neuve et le moteur a sauté la deuxieme journee.(no joke) Doesn't mean they're necessarily bad cars you know

I've owned a cts-v for a short period of time, it did have driveshaft issues but it was the best car I had ever driven except maybe the E46 M3.

Greg: Never heard of issues with the is250, you have seen them with blown motors??

Cam/Valve rattle on start up.. Sometimes requiring a rebuild from metal shaving blocking passages.

That's weird, I'm not sure how you can get premature timing chain wear unless people are booting the shit out of their vehicules or not doing the proper maintenance? I had nothing but cars with timming chains to avoid these problems and it's worked so far as I never changed anything related to that lol. Anyways faut en prendre et en laisser mon voisin a eu une Acura TL pendant 4 ans et n'a jamais eu de probleme il a ensuite changé pour une BMW 323 flambant neuve et le moteur a sauté la deuxieme journee.(no joke) Doesn't mean they're necessarily bad cars you know

La beauté des problemes random comme ca c est que ca arrive sous garanti, honnetement que ma bmw me saute dans la face 2 jours apres avoir acheté neuve je m en fouterais. Je sais que ca se reproduirait plus jamais.

Ce qui est le plus chiant c est quand tes hors garanti et que les problemes se manifestent un apres l autre...Je viens de lire un peu sur les 3.6 et ayoye, ca fait peur.....Une panoplie de bobos ultra couteux hors garanti!!

This is a VERY VERY VERY common issue with the GM 3.6L V6. It has nothing really to do with the owners, it's just a shitty design. GM even lowered the oil change intervals. As I mentioned I did 2 chain jobs that were in the early stages. I researched the issue a bit more and it happens to nearly everyone. I feel bad for people who not only have to deal with the 3.6L chain issue but also the 6T70/75 transmission 3-5 wave plate taking a poop.

My favorite still remains the VW 2.0L TFSI engine that eats cam followers :)

photo14-4.jpg

here is the chain broken
407.jpg

419.jpg

Failure from either metal shavings getting in the engine or the timing chain at the rear of the head breaking..

But again.. Just a parts changer.

This is a VERY VERY VERY common issue with the GM 3.6L V6. It has nothing really to do with the owners, it's just a shitty design. GM even lowered the oil change intervals. As I mentioned I did 2 chain jobs that were in the early stages. I researched the issue a bit more and it happens to nearly everyone. I feel bad for people who not only have to deal with the 3.6L chain issue but also the 6T70/75 transmission 3-5 wave plate taking a poop.

My favorite still remains the VW 2.0L TFSI engine that eats cam followers :)

photo14-4.jpg

here is the chain broken
407.jpg

419.jpg

Failure from either metal shavings getting in the engine or the timing chain at the rear of the head breaking..

But again.. Just a parts changer.
Damn I see.. What was the recommended oil change interval?

Damn I see.. What was the recommended oil change interval?

On the GM I forget... I think 6000km...

On the VAG engine I posted.. Change the follower once a year, some people change it twice. Oil changes every 10k using synthetic. The engines are covered under an extended warranty but you need oil change records to claim it. If not at the very least you're looking at a new cylinder head with cams worst new long block. I've done enough cylinder heads and a few engines. If the engine is already sounding like a diesel then chances are it's too late as the intake cam is already scored from the HPFP shaft driving directly on it. Usually fuel PSI/Lean codes start creeping up before.

So if i understand correctly the cam follower on the vw is only a piston that action the hpfp, like the pushrod on old mechanical fuel pump and they can't get this straight ? what a fucking company lol.

I've also seen a few GM 3.8 with loud timing chains at the auction, I wonder if it's the same problem? They were mostly 2-3yo cars with 100 000-140 000km so I suspect bad maintenance could be a factor.

We had a few 3.8l in the family and they were great motors but we did have to get the tranny rebuilt on the 2000 Regal LS at 110 000km.

I've also seen a few GM 3.8 with loud timing chains at the auction, I wonder if it's the same problem? They were mostly 2-3yo cars with 100 000-140 000km so I suspect bad maintenance could be a factor.

We had a few 3.8l in the family and they were great motors but we did have to get the tranny rebuilt on the 2000 Regal LS at 110 000km.

Who knows... but when a car has 5-30k on it and needs a timing chain it has nothing to do with bad maintenance... Look up the 3.6 issues and you'll see.

Back