Insurance Question

hellraiser56

My car was damaged today and i have an insurance related question. I live in an apt building and my exterior parking spot happens to be right under all the balconies. With todays wind a slate of glass got blown off someones balcony and dented my fender, chipped paint off my hood and scratched my windshield.
Called my insurance company and even though it isn't my fault i still need to pay my 250$ deductible plus my insurance will increase.

So im wondering if i can legally get the person who owned the object to reimburse me the 250$ i have to spend because of them? it isn't their fault directly, but it is more their fault than mine...
Thx

I had the same thing happen, luckily the person had tenant insurance so I didn't even tell my car insurer.

tenant insurance? are you referring to the renter or owner of the building?
and how did you work it out, you just brought the person a bill?

tenant insurance? are you referring to the renter or owner of the building?
and how did you work it out, you just brought the person a bill?

Tenant as in the the person who was renting the apartment. I went to see them and gave them my contact info, their insurance company called me and asked for pictures of the damages. Then they asked me to go get an estimate for repairs and send them a scan of the estimate. Then I got a check in the mail and that's that.

Manages that were caused by the weather don't go into anyone's fault, so YOUR insurance will charge you the deductible.

you probably will want to consult a lawyer to get a proper opinion, BUT.. you probably have a small claim court case here if the owner of the object refuses to pay up. (my guess here)

^^

A mon avis tu ne pourra pas gagner en cour contre cette personne pour qu'il te rembourse ton deductible. En cour tu doit prouver la faute, le dommage et le lien entre les deux pour t'assurer de gagner mais ici c'est de prouver qu'il y a faute du tier mais celui-ci n'a commise aucune faute.

Back