OEM or Aftermarket ?

SRB-TEAM

Do you get OEM parts or Aftermarket parts for your car and why ?

shutterstock_57418084.jpg

Dépend c'est quoi.
Si j'achete OEM c'est quand sa adonne que c'est moins cher ou qu'il est pas disponible ailleur. Sinon pas mal toujours aftermarket.

A little bit of both. But when it comes to aftermarket I'll usually stick with companies that are well-known like Spoon, Mugen, T1R, etc for my honda.

OEM unless I can get jobber from reputable brand such as Bosch, Myele, TRW, Textar, Bilstein (Febi), Valeo, etc...

Most of the time it's OEM

A couple things could be aftermarket like exhaust and sound system, but most of my mods or repairs are with OEM parts. This goes for pretty much every car I've owned.

I rather spend my money on repairing my car with the oem parts rather than modding it with aftermarket parts. Unless nothing needs to be changed or repaired obviously.

you can build a monster volvo using volvo parts and volvo software, not cheap, but if you got the money then you're good

On my Ford, I usually go for Aftermarket because it is still cheap, and the quality and fitment is often as good as OEM.

on my Volvo 100% of the time gaskets you have to use OEM, if you don't you WILL have to change them again in 20K (proven again and again, I had to do my timing belt job twice because of jobber cam seals). Suspension and brakes and stuff, I like to use quality stuff like Koni, Akebono, on some things I like to use Napa lifetime warranty parts particularly sway bar end links because my car eats them for breakfast and Napa will just give me new ones no questions asked.

On a car that's not under warranty: definitely not OEM. Why would you get ripped off unless you really have to ? I never had problems using non-OEM parts... Always worked like OEM, but for much less $$$.

Ya pas grand chose qui équivaux l'oem mais tout est relatif au modèle du char et de son âge. Un char sport que tu prends soin et qui sort pas l'hiver oem ou plus haut de gamme, un char de tout les jours neuf oem jusqu'à la fin de la garantie etun char use de tout les jours jobber. Tout ce que g acheté dans l'oem à toujours été de beaucoup supérieur au jobber a moin d'aller dans le haute performance.

Pour mon mustang le marché de l'aftermarket étant très développé, c'est facile de trouver des pièces plus performante, de meilleure qualité et moins cher que d'origine.

Quand c'est des pièces peu commune bien souvent j'ai pas le choix d'aller dans le OEM ( transmission mount, transfer case mount, joint d'étanchéité de pompe à essence ) sinon si la pièce est disponible j’achète du aftermarket. j'avais 5 u-joints à changer sur mon samurai, les OEM étaient 100$ chaque, les after market cheap étaient 30$ chaque, les OEM sont définitivement meilleurs , mais à plus de 3 fois plus cher, non merci.

Back